Documentation of High-Level Charts

Bokeh Team-

I didn’t want post a GitHub issue for this (but happy to if you want). I am a beginner developer but I use Bokeh a lot and have come to rely on it.

One thing I noticed is that the High-Level Charts page in the user guide makes no reference to Chord, Donut, HeatMap, Horizon, or Time Series charts. Though, these are very well documented in the reference pages.

Would you accept a pull request that covers these charts in the User Guide? Even just a reference to them and links to their entries in the reference section would be really helpful.

For myself, I spent an hour or so plotting wedges in order to get a pie type chart along with other Bokeh charts on my page before I found Donut which was perfect for my needs.

I am pretty sure I can follow how the rst docs work and how the chart images become embedded so should be straightforward if you al think the contribution would be helpful.

Thanks

Hi,

Contributions are always welcome and appreciated! In particular, expanding the bokeh.charts docs in the User's Guide would be extremely valuable. There is unfortunately not a consistent maintainer for bokeh.charts right now. It's possible I can step into that role, but there is at least a few months of other work I have to get through before devoting lots of time to bokeh.charts, so a PR to update the docs sooner than that would be great for users.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions about building the docs, etc.

Thanks!

Bryan

···

On Jan 25, 2017, at 8:34 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Bokeh Team-

I didn't want post a GitHub issue for this (but happy to if you want). I am a beginner developer but I use Bokeh a lot and have come to rely on it.

One thing I noticed is that the High-Level Charts page in the user guide makes no reference to Chord, Donut, HeatMap, Horizon, or Time Series charts. Though, these are very well documented in the reference pages.

Would you accept a pull request that covers these charts in the User Guide? Even just a reference to them and links to their entries in the reference section would be really helpful.

For myself, I spent an hour or so plotting wedges in order to get a pie type chart along with other Bokeh charts on my page before I found Donut which was perfect for my needs.

I am pretty sure I can follow how the rst docs work and how the chart images become embedded so should be straightforward if you al think the contribution would be helpful.

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2a405864-c8a1-49a8-be09-d00f13f882b6%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.