Dynamic plots for on-the-fly data

I am trying to develop a visual interface in Bokeh. The interface is such that it has three buttons of start/stop/back. On the server side (in flask), I have an algorithm that generates data iteratively. I want to generate plots for each of those individual iterations and show them on the front-end dynamically as the algorithm progresses, while also having a feature to stop the algorithm midway, or resume, go back to the previous iteration, via this visual interface. Is there a way I could achieve this using bokeh?

A similar question was asked on SO: python - Is there a way to create start/stop/back button in bokeh plots for data sent continuously from a flask back end? - Stack Overflow

I mean the answer is “certainly, yes”. But there’s always details, and it’s not possible to say much more from such a broad prompt. The best way to leverage the expertise in this forum is to make a stab at something, and come ready with some actual code in hand for folks here to try and diagnose or suggest alternatives.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.