Email Embed Bokeh Graphs

Hi everyone,

What is the best way to embed a bokeh graph in the body of an email? I tried using MIMEWriter, but it sends it as an attachment. Additionally, I would prefer the graph to be interactive as it is in python with all the respective tools.

Thanks!

Hi,

I don’t think this is possible. Bokeh generates plots by running actual JavaScript code to draw on an HTML canvas. I’d be surprised if many or any mail clients support running JavaScript:

[https://mailchimp.com/help/limitations-of-html-email/](https://mailchimp.com/help/limitations-of-html-email/)

If you save your plot at some publicly accessible URL, then it might work to embed that URL in an iframe, but only in some email readers:

[https://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/email-marketing/2010/08/do-iframes-work-in-email/](https://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/email-marketing/2010/08/do-iframes-work-in-email/)

Otherwise, there are various ways to export Bokeh plots as images in bokeh.export, that is probably your best/only option.

Thanks

···

On Jul 3, 2018, at 08:50, [email protected] wrote:

Hi everyone,

What is the best way to embed a bokeh graph in the body of an email? I tried using MIMEWriter, but it sends it as an attachment. Additionally, I would prefer the graph to be interactive as it is in python with all the respective tools.

Thanks!

–

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/94fc5202-131d-4522-9e59-5c9888c68724%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Got it! Appreciate the help.

···

On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 11:19:16 AM UTC-5, Bryan Van de ven wrote:

Hi,

I don’t think this is possible. Bokeh generates plots by running actual JavaScript code to draw on an HTML canvas. I’d be surprised if many or any mail clients support running JavaScript:

https://mailchimp.com/help/limitations-of-html-email/

If you save your plot at some publicly accessible URL, then it might work to embed that URL in an iframe, but only in some email readers:

https://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/email-marketing/2010/08/do-iframes-work-in-email/

Otherwise, there are various ways to export Bokeh plots as images in bokeh.export, that is probably your best/only option.

Thanks

On Jul 3, 2018, at 08:50, [email protected] wrote:

Hi everyone,

What is the best way to embed a bokeh graph in the body of an email? I tried using MIMEWriter, but it sends it as an attachment. Additionally, I would prefer the graph to be interactive as it is in python with all the respective tools.

Thanks!

–

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/94fc5202-131d-4522-9e59-5c9888c68724%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.