Embedding Tabs

Hello Bokeh community,

I’m relatively new to the Bokeh project, but I’ve been really impressed by the versatility of the library. Myself and others have been constructing an analysis software that uses Bokeh to visualize some plots and tables from the results of the analysis. We are currently using version 0.12.16. Our vision is to construct three tabs, each containing: Tab 1 = 2 or 4 figures (depending on inputs) containing plot.circle(), plot.line(), and plot.add_layout(Whisker()); Tab 2 = 1 table and 2 or four figures (same plotting functions/layouts); Tab 3 = 1 table and 2 bar plots (one using vbar_stack() and the other using VBar() glyphs. As I mentioned, we can save the panels to an HTML file just fine (attached), but it’s the embedding step that has us confused.

I see that we have to use the “script” portion of “script, div = components()” call, but I do not think “components()” can handle Tab panels, correct? Is there an appropriate way to handle what I’ve described above so that the embedded object would contain tabs and a layout identical to the html file? Alternatively, is there a way to pull the necessary data from the saved html file to create the necessary script data? Or is this just not at all possible in the current architecture? Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Take care,

Sam Bowerman

UBQtest_quick_plots.html (361 KB)

Hi,

did you manage to get an answer?

how to embed tabs?

Best Regards

···

On Tuesday, 7 August 2018 01:10:36 UTC+4, Samuel Bowerman wrote:

Hello Bokeh community,

I’m relatively new to the Bokeh project, but I’ve been really impressed by the versatility of the library. Myself and others have been constructing an analysis software that uses Bokeh to visualize some plots and tables from the results of the analysis. We are currently using version 0.12.16. Our vision is to construct three tabs, each containing: Tab 1 = 2 or 4 figures (depending on inputs) containing plot.circle(), plot.line(), and plot.add_layout(Whisker()); Tab 2 = 1 table and 2 or four figures (same plotting functions/layouts); Tab 3 = 1 table and 2 bar plots (one using vbar_stack() and the other using VBar() glyphs. As I mentioned, we can save the panels to an HTML file just fine (attached), but it’s the embedding step that has us confused.

I see that we have to use the “script” portion of “script, div = components()” call, but I do not think “components()” can handle Tab panels, correct? Is there an appropriate way to handle what I’ve described above so that the embedded object would contain tabs and a layout identical to the html file? Alternatively, is there a way to pull the necessary data from the saved html file to create the necessary script data? Or is this just not at all possible in the current architecture? Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Take care,

Sam Bowerman