Error finding library Scipy

Hello,

My Bokeh Application was working fine till now, but now it is giving me this very bizarre error saying:

2017-01-12 10:31:33,966 Starting Bokeh server with process id: 7720

2017-01-12 10:31:34,078 Error running application handler <bokeh.application.handlers.script.ScriptHandler object at 0x00000000078AA710>: No module named ‘scipy’

File “utils.py”, line 8, in :

from scipy import stats Traceback (most recent call last):

File “c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\bokeh\application\handlers\code_runner.py”, line 83, in run

exec(self._code, module.dict)

File “C:\Users\pg021\Desktop\predapp\testcopy.py”, line 6, in

import seaborn as sns

File “c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn_init_.py”, line 6, in

from .rcmod import *

File “c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn\rcmod.py”, line 8, in

from . import palettes, _orig_rc_params

File “c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn\palettes.py”, line 12, in

from .utils import desaturate, set_hls_values, get_color_cycle

File “c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn\utils.py”, line 8, in

from scipy import stats

ImportError: No module named ‘scipy’

I also tried to install scipy using conda install scipy, but still it is not able to find it? Any help or suggestions?

Thanks,

Pratik

My guess is that you have multiple conda environments, and that the one you are running bokeh out of is not the one that scipy was installed into. Or alternatively, it looks like you might be running bokeh out of something besides a conda environment.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Jan 12, 2017, at 9:33 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Hello,

My Bokeh Application was working fine till now, but now it is giving me this very bizarre error saying:

2017-01-12 10:31:34,078 Error running application handler <bokeh.application.handlers.script.ScriptHandler object at 0x00000000078AA710>: No module named 'scipy'
File "utils.py", line 8, in <module>:
  File "c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\bokeh\application\handlers\code_runner.py", line 83, in run
    exec(self._code, module.__dict__)
  File "C:\Users\pg021\Desktop\predapp\testcopy.py", line 6, in <module>
    import seaborn as sns
  File "c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn\__init__.py", line 6, in <module>
    from .rcmod import *
  File "c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn\rcmod.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn\palettes.py", line 12, in <module>
  File "c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn\utils.py", line 8, in <module>
    from scipy import stats
ImportError: No module named 'scipy'

I also tried to install scipy using conda install scipy, but still it is not able to find it? Any help or suggestions?

Thanks,
Pratik

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2f9e18f7-bd11-43ba-94a8-ec1be9386e36%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

Can you suggest how to deal with this?

···

On Thursday, 12 January 2017 11:54:02 UTC-5, Bryan Van de ven wrote:

My guess is that you have multiple conda environments, and that the one you are running bokeh out of is not the one that scipy was installed into. Or alternatively, it looks like you might be running bokeh out of something besides a conda environment.

Thanks,

Bryan

Hello,

2017-01-12 10:31:34,078 Error running application handler <bokeh.application.handlers.script.ScriptHandler object at 0x00000000078AA710>: No module named ‘scipy’

File “c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\bokeh\application\handlers\code_runner.py”, line 83, in run

exec(self._code, module.__dict__)

import seaborn as sns

File “c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn_init_.py”, line 6, in

from .rcmod import *

File “c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn\rcmod.py”, line 8, in

File “c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn\palettes.py”, line 12, in

File “c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn\utils.py”, line 8, in

from scipy import stats

Thanks,

Pratik

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2f9e18f7-bd11-43ba-94a8-ec1be9386e36%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Well it's not really a Bokeh issue, per se. I guess the simplest thing might be to create a new environment that you are sure has everything you need in one place. E.g.

conda create -f foo bokeh scipy

Then activate the environment "foo"

Bryan

···

On Jan 12, 2017, at 11:19 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Thanks,

Bryan

> On Jan 12, 2017, at 9:33 AM, pratik...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> My Bokeh Application was working fine till now, but now it is giving me this very bizarre error saying:
>
> 2017-01-12 10:31:33,966 Starting Bokeh server with process id: 7720
> 2017-01-12 10:31:34,078 Error running application handler <bokeh.application.handlers.script.ScriptHandler object at 0x00000000078AA710>: No module named 'scipy'
> File "utils.py", line 8, in <module>:
> from scipy import stats Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\bokeh\application\handlers\code_runner.py", line 83, in run
> exec(self._code, module.__dict__)
> File "C:\Users\pg021\Desktop\predapp\testcopy.py", line 6, in <module>
> import seaborn as sns
> File "c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn\__init__.py", line 6, in <module>
> from .rcmod import *
> File "c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn\rcmod.py", line 8, in <module>
> from . import palettes, _orig_rc_params
> File "c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn\palettes.py", line 12, in <module>
> from .utils import desaturate, set_hls_values, get_color_cycle
> File "c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn\utils.py", line 8, in <module>
> from scipy import stats
> ImportError: No module named 'scipy'
>
>
> I also tried to install scipy using conda install scipy, but still it is not able to find it? Any help or suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Pratik
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bokeh+un...@continuum.io.
> To post to this group, send email to bo...@continuum.io.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2f9e18f7-bd11-43ba-94a8-ec1be9386e36%40continuum.io\.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/64964c7e-2e2d-4d5e-9d53-bbe8d7d6ec64%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

Thanks Bryan! Is there a good documentation you can suggest of as to how to manage and work with these environments? Setting up, installing packages and stuff and “good practices” kind of stuff? :slight_smile:

Thank you once again. Really appreciate it

Pratik

···

On Thursday, 12 January 2017 12:45:32 UTC-5, Bryan Van de ven wrote:

Well it’s not really a Bokeh issue, per se. I guess the simplest thing might be to create a new environment that you are sure has everything you need in one place. E.g.

Then activate the environment “foo”

Bryan

Thanks,

Bryan

Hello,

exec(self.code, module.dict)
import seaborn as sns
File "c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn_init
.py", line 6, in
from .rcmod import *
from scipy import stats

Thanks,
Pratik

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2f9e18f7-bd11-43ba-94a8-ec1be9386e36%40continuum.io.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/64964c7e-2e2d-4d5e-9d53-bbe8d7d6ec64%40continuum.io.

Pratik,

The documentation for conda has section titled “managing environments”

http://conda.pydata.org/docs/using/envs.html

Hope that helps,

-p

···

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:26 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Thanks Bryan! Is there a good documentation you can suggest of as to how to manage and work with these environments? Setting up, installing packages and stuff and “good practices” kind of stuff? :slight_smile:

Pratik

Well it’s not really a Bokeh issue, per se. I guess the simplest thing might be to create a new environment that you are sure has everything you need in one place. E.g.

Bryan

Thanks,

Bryan

Hello,

import seaborn as sns
File "c:\users\pg021\appdata\local\programs\python\python35\lib\site-packages\seaborn_init
.py", line 6, in
from .rcmod import *
from scipy import stats

Thanks,
Pratik

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/64964c7e-2e2d-4d5e-9d53-bbe8d7d6ec64%40continuum.io.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/160f8e7b-fe26-4d3e-b029-032240193bd9%40continuum.io.

Thanks Paul. I think I have been on that website but thanks for the link.

Pratik

···

On Thursday, 12 January 2017 14:41:41 UTC-5, Paul Hobson wrote:

Pratik,

The documentation for conda has section titled “managing environments”

http://conda.pydata.org/docs/using/envs.html

Hope that helps,

-p

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:26 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Pratik

Bryan

Thanks,

Bryan

Hello,

import seaborn as sns
.py", line 6, in
from .rcmod import *
from scipy import stats

Thanks,
Pratik

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/160f8e7b-fe26-4d3e-b029-032240193bd9%40continuum.io.