export multiple plots/figures as row/grid/column to svg?

Hi everyone,

Im trying to export a couple of graphs as a single svg file but can not seem to figure it out (if its even possible).

I have tried

# put the results in a row
# show(row(p1, p2))
p3 = row(p1, p2)
#p3.output_backend = "svg"
export_svgs(p3, filename="HitNRunSummaryRow.svg")

grid = gridplot([p1, p2], ncols=1)
export_svgs(grid, filename="HitNRunSummaryGrid.svg")

but cant seem to make it work.

Is there a workaround/solution to this or is this not yet supported?

Best,
J.

Hi,

The "s" at the end of "export_svgs" is meaningful. As the docs state, when exporting SVG, it will always generate at separate SVG for each HTML canvas. In particular for a grid plot, every subplot is on its own HTML canvas, so will generate its own SVG. This is due to technical limitations that I do not expect will ever be overcome. I believe there are tools that can be used to stitch multiple SVGs together, so if you need a single image for a grid plot I think you will need to look for those to combine the output of export_svgs in the way you want.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Nov 9, 2017, at 10:34, [email protected] wrote:

Hi everyone,

Im trying to export a couple of graphs as a single svg file but can not seem to figure it out (if its even possible).

I have tried

# put the results in a row
# show(row(p1, p2))
p3 = row(p1, p2)
#p3.output_backend = "svg"
export_svgs(p3, filename="HitNRunSummaryRow.svg")

export_svgs(grid, filename="HitNRunSummaryGrid.svg")

Best,
J.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/d1dd1805-ac34-4eda-b5bc-fb67198b0f53%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

Hi Bryan,

thank you for the reply! I managed some other way, so no worries. And I can understand the difficulty. Love the lib btw! It took a bit to get used to the syntax but I have to say I can get fairly complex plots done in 20ish mins.

Best,
J.

Dana četvrtak, 9. studenoga 2017. u 18:03:01 UTC+1, korisnik Bryan Van de ven napisao je:

···

Hi,

The “s” at the end of “export_svgs” is meaningful. As the docs state, when exporting SVG, it will always generate at separate SVG for each HTML canvas. In particular for a grid plot, every subplot is on its own HTML canvas, so will generate its own SVG. This is due to technical limitations that I do not expect will ever be overcome. I believe there are tools that can be used to stitch multiple SVGs together, so if you need a single image for a grid plot I think you will need to look for those to combine the output of export_svgs in the way you want.

Thanks,

Bryan

Hi everyone,

I have tried

put the results in a row

show(row(p1, p2))

p3 = row(p1, p2)

#p3.output_backend = “svg”

export_svgs(p3, filename=“HitNRunSummaryRow.svg”)

export_svgs(grid, filename=“HitNRunSummaryGrid.svg”)

Best,

J.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/d1dd1805-ac34-4eda-b5bc-fb67198b0f53%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Hi Jurica,

I am having the same problem. What was the other way that you’ve managed for exporting these svg’s file into one for a gridplot? I would be thankful for the help.

Regards,
Ayushi

···

On Saturday, November 18, 2017 at 12:27:07 AM UTC+8, Jurica Seva wrote:

Hi Bryan,

thank you for the reply! I managed some other way, so no worries. And I can understand the difficulty. Love the lib btw! It took a bit to get used to the syntax but I have to say I can get fairly complex plots done in 20ish mins.

Best,
J.

Dana četvrtak, 9. studenoga 2017. u 18:03:01 UTC+1, korisnik Bryan Van de ven napisao je:

Hi,

The “s” at the end of “export_svgs” is meaningful. As the docs state, when exporting SVG, it will always generate at separate SVG for each HTML canvas. In particular for a grid plot, every subplot is on its own HTML canvas, so will generate its own SVG. This is due to technical limitations that I do not expect will ever be overcome. I believe there are tools that can be used to stitch multiple SVGs together, so if you need a single image for a grid plot I think you will need to look for those to combine the output of export_svgs in the way you want.

Thanks,

Bryan

Hi everyone,

I have tried

put the results in a row

show(row(p1, p2))

p3 = row(p1, p2)

#p3.output_backend = “svg”

export_svgs(p3, filename=“HitNRunSummaryRow.svg”)

export_svgs(grid, filename=“HitNRunSummaryGrid.svg”)

Best,

J.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/d1dd1805-ac34-4eda-b5bc-fb67198b0f53%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.