Failing to run examples

I’m currently not being able to run any of the plotting examples that use bokeh-server.

On the following lines:

p = figure(…)

p.line(x+1, y+1, alpha=0)

always getting:

‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘line’

Debugging inside figure and curdoc() I see that the execution of doc = request.bokeh_server_document raises a RuntimeError exception with text ‘working outside of request context’

I’m using this directly from command line with the source file provided, running python 3.4.2, flask 0.10.1 and bokeh 0.6.1.

Any idea of what I’m doing wrong ?

Ricardo,

You are running examples out of current GitHub master, but using a previous release version to run them. There are some API changes going into Bokeh 0.7 and while we preserved backwards compatibility (e.g. old code works with the new Bokeh version) there is currently no guarantee of *forward* compatibility (we won't be able to make that strong guarantee until a 1.0 release). This is the issue you are having, the examples in master are too new for Bokeh 0.6.1 to run. You can either check out the 0.6.1 tag in your GitHub clone with:

  git checkout -t 0.6.1

and then run the old versions of the examples, or you can build Bokeh by hand, or install a recent dev build as described here:

  http://bokeh.pydata.org/docs/installation.html#developer-builds

so that the new examples will work. Finally, I should also mention that Bokeh 0.7 will be released this coming Friday.

Regards,

Bryan

···

On Dec 2, 2014, at 6:45 PM, Ricardo <[email protected]> wrote:

I'm currently not being able to run any of the plotting examples that use bokeh-server.

On the following lines:

p = figure(...)
p.line(x+1, y+1, alpha=0)

always getting:
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'line'

Debugging inside figure and curdoc() I see that the execution of doc = request.bokeh_server_document raises a RuntimeError exception with text 'working outside of request context'

I'm using this directly from command line with the source file provided, running python 3.4.2, flask 0.10.1 and bokeh 0.6.1.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong ?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/8f49a22b-002c-47f8-b7d7-118db62477b0%40continuum.io.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Thanks. That was it.

Cheers

···

On Wednesday, 3 December 2014 06:30:18 UTC+1, Bryan Van de ven wrote:

Ricardo,

You are running examples out of current GitHub master, but using a previous release version to run them. There are some API changes going into Bokeh 0.7 and while we preserved backwards compatibility (e.g. old code works with the new Bokeh version) there is currently no guarantee of forward compatibility (we won’t be able to make that strong guarantee until a 1.0 release). This is the issue you are having, the examples in master are too new for Bokeh 0.6.1 to run. You can either check out the 0.6.1 tag in your GitHub clone with:

    git checkout -t 0.6.1

and then run the old versions of the examples, or you can build Bokeh by hand, or install a recent dev build as described here:

    [http://bokeh.pydata.org/docs/installation.html#developer-builds](http://bokeh.pydata.org/docs/installation.html#developer-builds)

so that the new examples will work. Finally, I should also mention that Bokeh 0.7 will be released this coming Friday.

Regards,

Bryan

On Dec 2, 2014, at 6:45 PM, Ricardo [email protected] wrote:

I’m currently not being able to run any of the plotting examples that use bokeh-server.

On the following lines:

p = figure(…)

p.line(x+1, y+1, alpha=0)

always getting:

‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘line’

Debugging inside figure and curdoc() I see that the execution of doc = request.bokeh_server_document raises a RuntimeError exception with text ‘working outside of request context’

I’m using this directly from command line with the source file provided, running python 3.4.2, flask 0.10.1 and bokeh 0.6.1.

Any idea of what I’m doing wrong ?


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/8f49a22b-002c-47f8-b7d7-118db62477b0%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.