gridplot with sizing_mode='scale_width'

Hi all,

I’m using gridplot to embed into an html page a row of 4 figures with sizing_mode=‘scale_width’. Not using row because I wanted only to show one toolbar.

Everything works perfectly when using (whichever version of) chrome, but when I open the html file with (whichever version of) firefox the gridplot will show the fourth plot at the bottom of the third plot.

If I try using row with sizing_mode=‘scale_width’ it will throw the “unsatisfiable constraints” error.

Don’t know if it is a issue to report or if there is a way to fix it.

Thanks.

bokeh version 0.12.9

python 3.6.1

Cannot explain why, but increasing min_border_left fixes the issue…

···

On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 13:43:24 UTC, [email protected] wrote:

Hi all,

I’m using gridplot to embed into an html page a row of 4 figures with sizing_mode=‘scale_width’. Not using row because I wanted only to show one toolbar.

Everything works perfectly when using (whichever version of) chrome, but when I open the html file with (whichever version of) firefox the gridplot will show the fourth plot at the bottom of the third plot.

If I try using row with sizing_mode=‘scale_width’ it will throw the “unsatisfiable constraints” error.

Don’t know if it is a issue to report or if there is a way to fix it.

Thanks.

bokeh version 0.12.9

python 3.6.1

The built in Bokeh layout uses a constraint solver to generate the positions for all things, both on the canvas and outside the canvas. This work great in simple situations, and affords some sophisticated possibilities in some specified other cases. But as a downside, when things go wrong, the explanation is often very opaque (e.g. "unsatisfiable constraints"). We are continually working to improve the layout capability but there are still probably many situations that are just not going to work well. As a "relief valve" we have tried to make it simple to embed individual standalone Bokeh components with different layout libraries or frameworks, in cases where Bokeh's build in layout functions are not sufficient. That said, I am glad you could find a workaround for your particular case.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Nov 22, 2017, at 09:59, [email protected] wrote:

Cannot explain why, but increasing min_border_left fixes the issue...

On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 13:43:24 UTC, raqs...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

I'm using gridplot to embed into an html page a row of 4 figures with sizing_mode='scale_width'. Not using row because I wanted only to show one toolbar.

If I try using row with sizing_mode='scale_width' it will throw the "unsatisfiable constraints" error.

Don't know if it is a issue to report or if there is a way to fix it.

Thanks.

bokeh version 0.12.9
python 3.6.1

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/ccd14b72-d548-4ea9-9f0f-ca92366974c7%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.