Here's a relatively simple app illustrating Polya's Urn

Check out:

Polya’s Urn

Comments welcome! In particular, how to I prevent the text on the right from overlapping the plots if the screen width is resized smaller? I realize this is probably more of a Bootstrap/CSS question, but any help is appreciated.

3 Likes

Hi jeremy9959,

This is wonderful! Thank you so much for adding it to our showcase! We’d love to send out a tweet about it-- let me know if that’s alright with you. It would also be interesting to know what your context and motivation was for creating it, if you’re willing to share.

It’s difficult to tell what the best approach would be to your CSS issue without seeing the code. Would you like to provide some, or is there maybe a public repo?

I’m glad you like it, and of course you can tweet about it, I’d be honored.

The code is here

I can add a link to the app pointing to the repo.

It’s intended as a teaching tool for people studying probability, although I wrote it both to illustrate the mathematics for myself and just for fun.

2 Likes

Thanks! One more thing-- your link appears to be broken. Looks like it’s pointing to “gihub.” :slight_smile:

Sorry about that, I will fix that.

Thanks @jeremy9959 I will first try things out locally with the lasted builds from master and see if there is still an issue with newer Bokeh code. cc @mateusz in case any quick/obvious things suggest themselves.

Edit: Also I added a screen cap to the OP!

That’s very cool, I need to learn how to do that, thanks!

FWIW I used a paid copy of ScreenFlow since I have to make them so often. But if you are on OSX I think there is a screen-grab feature built in to the latest version. Otherwise there are several free options listed here too: The best free screen recorders in 2021 | TechRadar (I’m only familiar with OBS, which is used alot for game streaming)

1 Like

In Ubuntu, I use Peek for recording the screen.

1 Like

@jeremy9959 amazing app!!!, easy to use to begin with an app to analyze my data !!!