How can I make an embedded plot of an existing session fitting new data?

I create a line plot, push to the server and generate the script with autoload_server.

If I pull the session, change the data source of the plot line, generate the new script, the new rendering keeps the axis scaling of the previous representation and doesn’t fit to the new data.

Many thanks,

Bs7

Every connection (i.e. every tab or pull_session) get its own new session. So you are making a new session, unrelated to what any browser is seeing, and updating that. To do what you describe, you'd have to pull the actual, exact session that a particular browser tab has open, and update that. This is not impossible, but is probably impractical. (For starters, how do you communicate and get the unique session id that you'd need? You could trawl the server logs I guess...) Can you describe what you actually want to happen in higher level terms (i.e., what the users sees, not any sort of implementation ideas or details)? There may be other or better ways to accomplish what you actually want. E.g, do you want updates to or from something external to update *all* currently open connections? Or are the updates particular to one user looking at/interacting with a connection? These considerations matter, which is why I say describe what you *want* without making any assumptions about *how* to implement it.

Bryan

···

On Feb 19, 2016, at 7:15 AM, [email protected] wrote:

I create a line plot, push to the server and generate the script with autoload_server.

If I pull the session, change the data source of the plot line, generate the new script, the new rendering keeps the axis scaling of the previous representation and doesn't fit to the new data.

Many thanks,
Bs7

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/e0e9cfeb-b3e1-4b62-aa79-9b6cf85f7f2e%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.