How to add a time slider ?

Hi,

In my application, I would like to add a simple slider which allows the user to choose a time (for example HH:MM:SS) on a range of 20 to 30 minutes with an accuracy of 5-10 seconds.
But for now, the slider seems to accept only Float values. So I tried to use the date range slider with a fixed range of 5-10 seconds, but I have read that the DateRangeSlider is broken, and indeed it does not want to appear on my document.

I was wondering if it is possible to make a custom slider which would accept datetime values, or to use a simple Float slider (with seconds since epoch for example), and to format the text output to appear as a formatted time text (and not the real value of the slider).

Here is a possible render (hardly hacked : only the seconds are moving, the minutes and the hours are hard coded in the Slider title) :

Best,

Guilhem

Support for better sliders (including datetime and double ended sliders) is still an open issue on GitHub. It's a priority, but there are may priorities, and a small team. If you happen to have JS experience with using these libraries, we could certainly use additional help to clear some issues, are are always willing to help new contributors.

Thanks,

Bryan

ยทยทยท

On Jun 29, 2016, at 2:37 AM, Guilhem <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

In my application, I would like to add a simple slider which allows the user to choose a time (for example HH:MM:SS) on a range of 20 to 30 minutes with an accuracy of 5-10 seconds.
But for now, the slider seems to accept only Float values. So I tried to use the date range slider with a fixed range of 5-10 seconds, but I have read that the DateRangeSlider is broken, and indeed it does not want to appear on my document.

I was wondering if it is possible to make a custom slider which would accept datetime values, or to use a simple Float slider (with seconds since epoch for example), and to format the text output to appear as a formatted time text (and not the real value of the slider).

Here is a possible render (hardly hacked : only the seconds are moving, the minutes and the hours are hard coded in the Slider title) :

<Auto Generated Inline Image 1.png>
Best,

Guilhem

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/93ad0c4e-a4c1-41bf-b99e-7fdd2acadd2b%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.
<Auto Generated Inline Image 1.png>