Hi! I’m a new user of Bokeh library and I am interested in updating my Bokeh plot data when client initiates a select event. I’m using Flask as my backend server. This is my goal:
I have already accomplished this in the following way:
- In the client-side, the user makes a selection in the select dropdown.
- AJAX get-request is sent to Flask backend
- Backend gets the data from database
- Backend makes a new Bokeh plot and corresponding Bokeh script and returns to client (div + script)
- The whole DIV-element in the client-side containing the Bokeh plot is replaced by the new Bokeh plot and the corresponding Bokeh script
Now, this process works, but what is a bit irritating to me is that when the plot is being updated in the client-side I can notice the plot with “old” data disappear for a split second and the the new plot is being rendered. So every time my plot is being updated (that is the whole plot div is being updated) I see this “flash”-effect when the old plot disappears and then the new is being rendered.