How to update the range of the ResetTool?

Hi!

I’m using Bokeh to stream data to continuously add new points to a couple of plots. Everything works very well except for the reset tool, once pressed the tool simply resets to the initial value of the plot when the HTML was first rendered.

Things like updating the range of the plots doesn’t seem to affect the reset tool after the HTML has been rendered. So I’m wondering, are there any ways to update the range of the reset tool?

Cheers,

Johan Ruuskanen

Hi Johan,

I'm using Bokeh to stream data to continuously add new points to a couple of plots. Everything works very well except for the reset tool, once pressed the tool simply resets to the initial value of the plot when the HTML was first rendered.

Yes, that was what it was created to do, to provide a means to reset the plot to its initial range state.

Things like updating the range of the plots doesn't seem to affect the reset tool after the HTML has been rendered. So I'm wondering, are there any ways to update the range of the reset tool?

There's not currently any way to do that without some JS to update the initial bounds. There is *much* other work currently ongoing, and a new small feature like this is probably not going to be able rise on the priority list for the core team any time soon, simply because of limited resources. It would make a nice PR for an interested new contributor, though, and we'd be happy to help anyone get started with Bokeh dev and submitting a PR. In any case the first step is to submit a GH issue describing the new requested feature and its usage:

Issues · bokeh/bokeh · GitHub

Thanks,

Bryan