How to use DateEditor?

I’ve tried using the DateEditor to be able to select date. I’ve used the following code but it doesn’t work:

value_line_data_table_data = {'valuelines': [],
                                          'parameters': [],
                                          'parameters2':[]}
value_line_table_source = ColumnDataSource(value_line_data_table_data)
columns = [
    TableColumn(field="valuelines", name='valueline', title="Value Line", 
         editor=SelectEditor(options=
          config.algo_configurations[strategy_algorithm]['value_lines'])),
    TableColumn(field="parameters", name='parameters', title="Start Date",editor=DateEditor()),
    TableColumn(field="parameters2", name='parameters2', title="End Date",editor=DateEditor())
        ]
value_line_data_table = DataTable(source=value_line_table_source, columns=columns, index_position=None,
                                          width=400, reorderable=True, fit_columns=True, selectable='checkbox',
                                          editable=True)
'''

How should I correct this? Also, if there's any other good way of entering dates through a dropdown, please  suggest.

Hi @Umang_Garg,

Please edit your post to use code formatting so that the code is readable (either with the </> icon on the editing toolbar, or triple backtick ``` fences around the code blocks).

Hi @carolyn,
I’ve edited the code. Does this look fine now?

It looks much better, thank you! In general, it’s best to provide a minimal, reproducing example-- “toy” code to show your problem, that a reviewer can run from start to finish, including all imports and data sources.

I did some experimenting with DateEditor (and other Editors), and the behavior was not what I expected either. I’m checking with the Bokeh team and will get back to you as soon as I receive an update.

@Umang_Garg,

The team has confirmed: these editors are non-functional right now. I’ll be putting in a GitHub issue today to request that this be addressed (and I’ll add the link to this topic), but we can’t promise a timeline.