I need help to update vbars in HTML

Hello Bryan,

I really need your help, I am creating a dashboard in bokeh that consist of vbars. I am able to view my plots in html successfully in grid layout. The data for the plot is from an excel sheet which i have in my project folder.

Firstly, the idea behind the dashboard is to display some statistics based on selected columns of an excel file that is exported. Now i want the vbars that are displayed in the html to update as soon as new excel data arrives the folder.

1. How do i get the vbars updated in html when a new excel sheet arrives my project folder?

kindly find my output below and code too has been attached.

Thanks

Charles

image.png

bokehhh.txt (4.29 KB)

Hi,

[Note: Please do not call our individuals for assistance on this group. This is a community group, with many people who are capable of answering questions, and furthermore it is not reasonable to expect that I can personally keep up with or be responsible all the questions here all by myself.]

If you want to update something based on a file changing or appearing on the filesystem, you first have to be able to detect that change and respond to it. That's not a Bokeh question at all, and I don't really have any comment on it. I'm sure there are various ways to monitor the filesystem. StackOverflow is probably a better place to look for answers about that. Once you have settled on a method, you could:

* re-generate standalone HTML and re-publish it to a known location
* have a web-app regenerate components to embed components in a page the web app is serving
* use a bokeh server to update a bokeh app session by reading the file and updating data sources directly
* update data served by a REST API that a Bokeh AjaxDataSource periodically loads
* other approaches, I'm sure.

There's not nearly enough information and context here to advise you any more specifically about what might best for your particular situation (as-is, this is more like a consulting question). Hopefully this gives you some ideas to get started. Once you have have tried something(s) and can formulate narrower questions, it's more likely someone here can advise further.

Thanks,

Bryan

ยทยทยท

On Sep 30, 2018, at 09:10, IWUNOR .C. A .ADE <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Bryan,

I really need your help, I am creating a dashboard in bokeh that consist of vbars. I am able to view my plots in html successfully in grid layout. The data for the plot is from an excel sheet which i have in my project folder.

Firstly, the idea behind the dashboard is to display some statistics based on selected columns of an excel file that is exported. Now i want the vbars that are displayed in the html to update as soon as new excel data arrives the folder.

1. How do i get the vbars updated in html when a new excel sheet arrives my project folder?

kindly find my output below and code too has been attached.

Thanks
Charles

<image.png>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/CALXZGxA%3DWk2b49xZg5PS%2B8MiDt3R4537Y-nz7trAivbYdFQ72g%40mail.gmail.com\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.
<bokehhh.txt>