image cycling / animation

I created an interactive animation of several images, using the rect glyph. But a 200x400 pixel rect glyph makes for a very, very slow animation (switching frames takes 30 seconds to a minute).
Is there any way to cycle through images using the bokeh server? I’ve tried storing the image data in my columnDataSource object, but it doesn’t seem that’s the right way to store it (worked great for rect).
Could I have one column of my data source be a list of pointers or names to images, and point my glyph image data to that?

HI Paul,

Can you provide a little more context? It almost sounds like you are rendering images using 200x400 individual rects as "pixels"? Using the Image, ImageRGBA, or ImageURL glyphs are probably a better solution. Very soon we will have new data sources that allow for pulling data directly into the client form places other than the bokeh-server, these might prove useful as well. The first basic implementations of AjaxDataSource and BlazeDataSource will land next week in 0.8 with enhancements to follow on shortly after.

Bryan

···

On Feb 12, 2015, at 7:35 AM, [email protected] wrote:

I created an interactive animation of several images, using the rect glyph. But a 200x400 pixel rect glyph makes for a very, very slow animation (switching frames takes 30 seconds to a minute).
Is there any way to cycle through images using the bokeh server? I've tried storing the image data in my columnDataSource object, but it doesn't seem that's the right way to store it (worked great for rect).
Could I have one column of my data source be a list of pointers or names to images, and point my glyph image data to that?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/151e6f23-00de-4008-ba09-63da189ec26e%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.