Inquiry about adding to Bokeh and extending functionality

Hello,

My machine learning group at work is working on a project that we’ll be using Bokeh for the extensive graphing that we will have.
I just have a few questions I was hoping you could shed some light on.

Extending functionality - This will most likely need to happen as there
are a few things that the project leads have expressed as necessary however it doesn’t seem like Bokeh supports these. This functionality will be simple, nothing to major, just wondering if anyone has done this
before and how heavy the work load might be, even if a general sense is
all you can give.

1. This project will unavoidably include a few
    other libraries for plotting, such as d3. Does anyone know if there is
    any way to for example connect d3 (or other plotting libraries) with Bokeh data, so that for example a graph being brushed on a d3 (or any other library) plot intersects with the bokeh plot and they are both brushed. Functionality like this is somewhat important, and we’re wondering what the difficulty for such an operation might be.

Thank you much.

Allan

Hi,

I would say both of these questions fall under the heading of "extending Bokeh" which is well-documented here:

https://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/docs/user_guide/extensions.html

I'd suggest studying that first, as a starting point for specific questions later.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Oct 10, 2017, at 18:48, Allan <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

My machine learning group at work is working on a project that we'll be using Bokeh for the extensive graphing that we will have. I just have a few questions I was hoping you could shed some light on.

1. Extending functionality - This will most likely need to happen as there are a few things that the project leads have expressed as necessary however it doesn't seem like Bokeh supports these. This functionality will be simple, nothing to major, just wondering if anyone has done this before and how heavy the work load might be, even if a general sense is all you can give.

2. This project will unavoidably include a few other libraries for plotting, such as d3. Does anyone know if there is any way to for example connect d3 (or other plotting libraries) with Bokeh data, so that for example a graph being brushed on a d3 (or any other library) plot intersects with the bokeh plot and they are both brushed. Functionality like this is somewhat important, and we're wondering what the difficulty for such an operation might be.

Thank you much.

Allan

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/ce3a7c79-8269-455b-8ae5-9155f3be7353%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.