I want to build an application and i would like to know if bokeh is well suited for this and how to do it.
Use case is :
- various objects (adresses, roads, trajectories…) are displayed on a map (~10 000 to 100 000 objects)
- The user is able to interact with the map and create new objects or modify existing objetcs:
- After with a right click on the map (new object) or existing object, a pop up appears
- the pop up contains
- fields that can be filled/modified by the user.
- button to save the changes, that will affect the datasource
- the content of the pop up depends on object type
- Another button (outside the map) can trigger a calculation, using the updated datasource as argument :
- the calculation is a python programm (it is complex and i dont want to learn JS for that)
- the calculation can be long (1 second to 1 minutes)
- when it is completed, it returns a new dataset to be shown on the map
- Another button (outside the map) will save the data
I dont know how to create the interactions from the map to the datasource
how would you implement it ?
also, is the number of objects (up to 100 000) an issue ?
Thanks for your help