Is it possible to force a TimeSeries range?

Hi,

I’ve got data that I want to plot on a time series chart, but I want to constrain the time series to a wider time period than the data. I’m plotting multiple charts that I want to visually scan to look for correlations and I want all of the charts to have the same time range.

Is there any way to force a time range on a time series plot directly with Bokeh without doing forward fill/back fill on my data?

Thanks!

• Terry

Looking a bit more I see that I can set x_range using a Range1d object and specify a start/end point… will this work with time series data?

I’ll give it a shot.

Cheers,

• Terry
···

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 11:40 AM, Terry Simons [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

I’ve got data that I want to plot on a time series chart, but I want to constrain the time series to a wider time period than the data. I’m plotting multiple charts that I want to visually scan to look for correlations and I want all of the charts to have the same time range.

Is there any way to force a time range on a time series plot directly with Bokeh without doing forward fill/back fill on my data?

Thanks!

• Terry

I don’t know if you still need an answer, but have a look here for linked plots. It allows multiple figures to share a range and pan together if you change one of them:

···

Am Donnerstag, 8. Februar 2018 21:59:29 UTC+1 schrieb Terry Simons:

Looking a bit more I see that I can set x_range using a Range1d object and specify a start/end point… will this work with time series data?

I’ll give it a shot.

Cheers,

• Terry

Hi,

Thanks!

• Terry

Thanks Joris,

Yes, I did figure my issue out, thank you. I found that example too, and that’s what I’m using.

Thanks!

• Terry
···

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 2:22 AM, Joris Nettelstroth [email protected] wrote:

I don’t know if you still need an answer, but have a look here for linked plots. It allows multiple figures to share a range and pan together if you change one of them:

https://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/docs/user_guide/interaction/linking.html#linked-panning

Am Donnerstag, 8. Februar 2018 21:59:29 UTC+1 schrieb Terry Simons:

I’ll give it a shot.

Cheers,

• Terry

Hi,

Thanks!

• Terry