Labels not rendering.- getting error 'could not find tag with id...'

I’m trying to create a bar chart with labels above the bars (something like the screenshot attached). Now I’m re-using the code with a different data frame (data, although labels come from a different one that’s already aggregated) Underneath is my code which gives me the following error: "Javascript error adding output!
Error: Error rendering Bokeh model: could not find tag with id: 8c51aaa0-128b-4f6c-814f-b44d021a83cd

See your browser Javascript console for more details."

bar charts by vertical

source = ColumnDataSource(verticals)

p = Bar(data, values=‘vertical’, label=‘vertical’, agg=‘count’,

fill_alpha=0.3, outline_line_alpha=0, line_color=‘white’, notebook=True, tools=False,

color=‘grey’)

p.legend.location = None

p.title.text = ‘Most attempts come from X vertical’

labels = LabelSet(x=‘vertical’, y=‘count’, text=‘count’, level=‘glyph’,

x_offset=5, y_offset=5, source=source, render_mode=‘canvas’, text_font_size=“8pt”)

p.axis.minor_tick_in = 0

p.axis.minor_tick_out = 0

p.axis.major_tick_in = 0

p.axis.major_tick_out = 0

p.xgrid.grid_line_color = None

p.ygrid.grid_line_color = None

p.add_layout(labels)

show(p)

Update: It renders when I restart the Jupyter notebook. It literally just shows up. I have no idea why.

···

On Tuesday, 4 April 2017 14:52:42 UTC-7, Kasia Rachuta wrote:

I’m trying to create a bar chart with labels above the bars (something like the screenshot attached). Now I’m re-using the code with a different data frame (data, although labels come from a different one that’s already aggregated) Underneath is my code which gives me the following error: "Javascript error adding output!
Error: Error rendering Bokeh model: could not find tag with id: 8c51aaa0-128b-4f6c-814f-b44d021a83cd

bar charts by vertical

fill_alpha=0.3, outline_line_alpha=0, line_color=‘white’, notebook=True, tools=False,

color=‘grey’)

p.legend.location = None

x_offset=5, y_offset=5, source=source, render_mode=‘canvas’, text_font_size=“8pt”)

p.axis.minor_tick_in = 0

p.axis.major_tick_in = 0

p.add_layout(labels)

show(p)

The potential for out of order cell execution, and having to combine two large projects with multiple language runtimes makes jupyter integration extremely challenging. If you can isolate a reproducible set of steps to cause the problem, please submit a big report on GitHub. Otherwise, it’s probably a fairly rare fluke (I’ve not encountered that message in a notebook before)

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Apr 4, 2017, at 17:04, Kasia Rachuta [email protected] wrote:

Update: It renders when I restart the Jupyter notebook. It literally just shows up. I have no idea why.

bar charts by vertical

color=‘grey’)

p.legend.location = None

p.axis.minor_tick_in = 0

p.axis.major_tick_in = 0

p.add_layout(labels)

show(p)

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/3bcda35c-c156-460d-9d73-df71a195fdcd%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

I had the same problem. For problems that are so hard to reproduce, documenting workarounds is very helpful.

For me, it was enough to just rerun the “output_notebook()” function.

Neal McBurnett http://neal.mcburnett.org/

···

On Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 4:04:04 PM UTC-6, Kasia Rachuta wrote:

bar charts by vertical

color=‘grey’)

p.legend.location = None

p.axis.minor_tick_in = 0

p.axis.major_tick_in = 0

p.add_layout(labels)

show(p)

This has happened to me several times. Every time it happened because I forgot to add the safe filter to the div (Using bokeh with django).
in view

plot_script, plot_div = components(plot)

in template

{{plot_script |safe}}

{{ plot_div }}

django renders the plot_div not as text rather than as html something along the lines of

Instead of the proper html which would render properly in the template.

To solve this just {{ plot_div | safe }}

···

On Tuesday, 4 April 2017 23:52:42 UTC+2, Kasia Rachuta wrote:

bar charts by vertical

color=‘grey’)

p.legend.location = None

p.axis.minor_tick_in = 0

p.axis.major_tick_in = 0

p.add_layout(labels)

show(p)