Line charts with markers

Hi,

I have a pandas dataframe with 3 columns ( x_values, y_values, movement_id ). I’d like to plot a line for each set of data having a common movement_id, with each line having a unique color and marker type.

I can do:

Line( data, x=‘x_values’, y=‘y_values’, marker=‘movement_id’, color=‘movement_id’ ) # → no markers

Or:

Scatter( data, x=‘x_values’, y=‘y_values’, marker=‘movement_id’, color=‘movement_id’ ) # → no lines

As far as I’ve understood, I cannot combine 2 charts on a single figure. So… is it possible to have both markers and lines ? Or do I have to move a step down to the .plotting API and do the grouping and color listing manually ?

Hi,

At least for the time being, you will want to use the bokeh.plotting API to combine glyphs.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On May 24, 2017, at 03:15, [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

I have a pandas dataframe with 3 columns ( x_values, y_values, movement_id ). I'd like to plot a line for each set of data having a common movement_id, with each line having a unique color and marker type.

I can do:

Line( data, x='x_values', y='y_values', marker='movement_id', color='movement_id' ) # --> no markers

Or:

Scatter( data, x='x_values', y='y_values', marker='movement_id', color='movement_id' ) # --> no lines

As far as I've understood, I cannot combine 2 charts on a single figure. So... is it possible to have both markers and lines ? Or do I have to move a step down to the .plotting API and do the grouping and color listing manually ?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/764430b6-343c-4175-999c-5c80b8db3dc7%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.