missing websocket_url

I had a setup where I have bokeh server (running as “bokeh serve myapp1.py myapp2.py” --host hostname:80) reverse proxied with nginx.

I upgraded bokeh versions from 0.12.2 to 0.12.6 , and after restarting the bokeh serve, trying to access the page I see “Bokeh Error: missing websocket_url” instead of my plot.

Running python 3.4 I think.

I’m unable to find anything on google that would help me with this. Anyone here know what I could be doing wrong? (The apps had been up for quite a long time until then, so I’m not even 100% sure it’s because of the upgrade… so any suggestions are welcome, nginx configuration or bokeh options related.)

Thanks for your help,

-Max

Updating with what I’ve tried. I tried downloading from 0.12.6 to 0.12.2 but that did not resolve the problem, instead I just got a 504 gateway timeout. So I figured might as well work on latest version, 0.12.6, since there’s issues either way, and try to fix based on latest.

Even though all I see is “Missing websocket_url”, I can confirm in the console that bokeh server has gotten the request and is running the code, I see GET requests and my internal logging.

Additional information as relevant: I’m using Firefox on a mac.

…oh, bloody hell. When trying to get more debugging information, it suddenly started working. No idea what I did. Did I clear a cache? Restart nginx or bokeh one additional time?

I bet it was clearing a cache…

Sorry for bothering you guys.

···

On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 8:29:20 PM UTC-7, Max Gibiansky wrote:

I had a setup where I have bokeh server (running as “bokeh serve myapp1.py myapp2.py” --host hostname:80) reverse proxied with nginx.

I upgraded bokeh versions from 0.12.2 to 0.12.6 , and after restarting the bokeh serve, trying to access the page I see “Bokeh Error: missing websocket_url” instead of my plot.

I’m unable to find anything on google that would help me with this. Anyone here know what I could be doing wrong? (The apps had been up for quite a long time until then, so I’m not even 100% sure it’s because of the upgrade… so any suggestions are welcome, nginx configuration or bokeh options related.)

Thanks for your help,

-Max

Hi Max,

Just wondering if you could elaborate any further on your success with this problem. I see the same thing (missing websocket_url) when I update my installation from 0.12.4 to 0.12.6, and haven’t been able to get rid of it, so am stuck with 0.12.4 until I can. If you have any insights, they’d be much appreciated!

Best,

Sarah

···

On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 1:54:56 AM UTC+10, Max Gibiansky wrote:

Updating with what I’ve tried. I tried downloading from 0.12.6 to 0.12.2 but that did not resolve the problem, instead I just got a 504 gateway timeout. So I figured might as well work on latest version, 0.12.6, since there’s issues either way, and try to fix based on latest.

Even though all I see is “Missing websocket_url”, I can confirm in the console that bokeh server has gotten the request and is running the code, I see GET requests and my internal logging.

…oh, bloody hell. When trying to get more debugging information, it suddenly started working. No idea what I did. Did I clear a cache? Restart nginx or bokeh one additional time?

Thanks for your help,

-Max

Sorry, don’t really know… it didn’t work for me until it did. My best guess is something to do with stale cached files somewhere - but I don’t know whether it’s serverside or clientside, and I don’t have high confidence in my guess, If that’s true then restarting the webserver or clearing the browser cache or rebooting might help?

That’s pretty generic advice. Something doesn’t work, have you tried turning everything off and on again…

Hopefully an actual bokeh expert can chime in and help.

···

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 2:22 AM, Sarah Hegarty [email protected] wrote:

Hi Max,

Just wondering if you could elaborate any further on your success with this problem. I see the same thing (missing websocket_url) when I update my installation from 0.12.4 to 0.12.6, and haven’t been able to get rid of it, so am stuck with 0.12.4 until I can. If you have any insights, they’d be much appreciated!

Best,

Sarah

On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 1:54:56 AM UTC+10, Max Gibiansky wrote:

Thanks for your help,

-Max

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/topic/bokeh/SYeiuk_2dJM/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/e3915a6b-9f38-456d-96ed-92f9755f347f%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.