Mixing server code and JS_callback

Hi,

May I ask if there is a way to mix bokeh server code and custom JS in a single call back?

For example, I have a button for download, but I want to generate the download file on demand. Something like

def download_func():
# some server side code.
# prepare the target file

# JS code, redirecting the browser to download the file after the preparation is done.

button = Button()
button.on_click(download_func)

``

Something like the readfile() function in PHP that sends a file to user’s browser?

Thanks,

Hongyi

I have found another ugly workaround.

Basically, I created an invisible html asset and attached a CustomJS callback to it.

To trigger this CustomJS function, I simply need to update its value in my python code. Wish there were better ways but I guess this works.

···

On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 12:57:05 AM UTC-5, Hongyi Xin wrote:

Hi,

May I ask if there is a way to mix bokeh server code and custom JS in a single call back?

For example, I have a button for download, but I want to generate the download file on demand. Something like

def download_func():
# some server side code.

# JS code, redirecting the browser to download the file after the preparation is done.

button = Button()

``

Something like the readfile() function in PHP that sends a file to user’s browser?

Thanks,

Hongyi

I also do it this way and couldn’t find a better way.

···

On Dec 6, 2018, at 11:57 AM, Hongyi Xin [email protected] wrote:

I have found another ugly workaround.

Basically, I created an invisible html asset and attached a CustomJS callback to it.

To trigger this CustomJS function, I simply need to update its value in my python code. Wish there were better ways but I guess this works.

On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 12:57:05 AM UTC-5, Hongyi Xin wrote:

Hi,

def download_func():
# some server side code.

button = Button()

``

Thanks,

Hongyi

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/7c0b34f0-0dcf-46b5-89ab-58d4bf6e6f59%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.