Multi-Line Interactive Plots

Hi there,

Context:

Looking for software that is strong in data visualization for metrics of varying unit scale on a time series. For example, I have some metrics that fall in the 800-1000 unit range, and some in the 10-30 range.

Furthermore, I’m looking to display up to 30 features at a time, but where I can toggle on/off the display for certain features when I want. For example, if I have feature A and B, I want to be able to show A and not B, B and not A, and also A and B simultaneously.

I’m looking around for different softwares out there with a python SDK or tool kit and am new to Bokeh. Can Bokeh do these things?

-Jonathan

Can Bokeh do these things? - Yes

You could start by looking at the following documentation examples:

Regards

···

Am Dienstag, 20. März 2018 22:42:25 UTC+1 schrieb Jonathan:

Hi there,

Context:

Looking for software that is strong in data visualization for metrics of varying unit scale on a time series. For example, I have some metrics that fall in the 800-1000 unit range, and some in the 10-30 range.

Furthermore, I’m looking to display up to 30 features at a time, but where I can toggle on/off the display for certain features when I want. For example, if I have feature A and B, I want to be able to show A and not B, B and not A, and also A and B simultaneously.

I’m looking around for different softwares out there with a python SDK or tool kit and am new to Bokeh. Can Bokeh do these things?

-Jonathan

Hi Joris,

Thanks for the details! I used to use Plotly, and one feature I really liked about Plotly was able to spin up urls to view the plot. Does Bokeh support that as well?

Regards

···

On Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 8:23:46 AM UTC-4, Joris Nettelstroth wrote:

Regards

Hi there,

Context:

-Jonathan

Does “spin up urls to view the plot” mean you want to view it in a browser? (I’m not a native speaker.)

If yes, then: yes: Bokeh (only) works in the browser. You can run a Bokeh server or generate standalone html-files that you can host anywhere.

Please read the quickstart guide to get a feel for what Bokeh is capable of:

https://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/docs/user_guide/quickstart.html

···

Am Mittwoch, 21. März 2018 16:01:37 UTC+1 schrieb Jonathan:

Hi Joris,

Thanks for the details! I used to use Plotly, and one feature I really liked about Plotly was able to spin up urls to view the plot. Does Bokeh support that as well?

Regards

On Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 8:23:46 AM UTC-4, Joris Nettelstroth wrote:

Regards

Hi there,

Context:

-Jonathan