ng-bokeh : Angular wrapper for Bokehjs

Hello all,

Myself Shekhar (GSoC 2016 - SymPy and GSoC 2017 - SciRuby Student developer). I see that bokeh is really powerful for plotting different kinds of charts/graphs.

I want to use it in Angular application (Google is improving Angular day by day and enhancing it’s features). I am working on an Angular module, that will be helpful to plot bokeh graphs and charts in Angular application.

You can find some commits related to this in ng-bokeh github repository.

I got some difficulty in using bokehJS in angular, which is mentioned here : bokeh/issues/8596 . I am still working on this, but since I am busy in office work, I need some help or contributor who can work and improve it.

Let me know, what do you people think about the project. If bokeh is submitting ideas for GSoC 2019, then I think it is worthy to add this idea to the list, since Angular framework is getting more popular and widely used these days.

Thanks and regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,

Blog | Github | Twitter

Hello all,

Is there any chance to add this project in GSoC 2019 NumFocus/bokeh list?

numfocus/gsoc

NumFOCUS Google Summer of Code Materials. Contribute to numfocus/gsoc development by creating an account on GitHub.

Regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,

Blog | Github | Twitter

···

On Sunday, 3 February 2019, 9:12:37 pm GMT+5:30, Shekhar Prasad Rajak [email protected] wrote:

Hello all,

Myself Shekhar (GSoC 2016 - SymPy and GSoC 2017 - SciRuby Student developer). I see that bokeh is really powerful for plotting different kinds of charts/graphs.

I want to use it in Angular application (Google is improving Angular day by day and enhancing it’s features). I am working on an Angular module, that will be helpful to plot bokeh graphs and charts in Angular application.

I got some difficulty in using bokehJS in angular, which is mentioned here : bokeh/issues/8596 . I am still working on this, but since I am busy in office work, I need some help or contributor who can work and improve it.

Let me know, what do you people think about the project. If bokeh is submitting ideas for GSoC 2019, then I think it is worthy to add this idea to the list, since Angular framework is getting more popular and widely used these days.

Thanks and regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,

Blog | Github | Twitter

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/83420812-f817-46ea-a705-a63504d05125%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Hi,

Unfortunately, the Bokeh team is not participating in GSOC, we do not have the human time/bandwidth to provide mentors this year.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 12:08:13 AM UTC-8, Shekhar Prasad Rajak wrote:

Hello all,

numfocus/gsoc

NumFOCUS Google Summer of Code Materials. Contribute to numfocus/gsoc development by creating an account on GitHub.

Regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,

Blog | Github | Twitter

On Sunday, 3 February 2019, 9:12:37 pm GMT+5:30, Shekhar Prasad Rajak [email protected] wrote:

Hello all,

Thanks and regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,

Blog | Github | Twitter

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/83420812-f817-46ea-a705-a63504d05125%40continuum.io.

Hello Bryan,

If this project idea is listed in the idea list then I will try my best to collaborate with the student(whoever is interested) and the aim of the GSOC coding period will be to make it workable for Angular applications and may be later we can have similar things for React applications.

Since I am certified Full Stack Developer and have strong knowledge in Angular 4/5/6/7 application, I think I will be good fit for the mentoring this project. I wrote a article about Angular concepts as well in medium, have a look into this blog post.

What do you think?

Thanks and regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,

Blog | Github | Twitter

Hi,

Unfortunately, the Bokeh team is not participating in GSOC, we do not have the human time/bandwidth to provide mentors this year.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Wednesday, 27 February 2019, 10:49:08 pm GMT+5:30, Bryan Van de Ven [email protected] wrote:

On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 12:08:13 AM UTC-8, Shekhar Prasad Rajak wrote:

Hello all,

numfocus/gsoc

Regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,

Blog | Github | Twitter

Hello all,

Thanks and regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,

Blog | Github | Twitter

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected] .

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/ continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/ 83420812-f817-46ea-a705- a63504d05125%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/ continuum.io/d/optout.

Hi Shekhar,

I appreciate your enthusiasm, however it is not so simple. The GSOC program rules state that mentors should be active contributors to a project, and it’s not merely collaboration, there are specific required responsibilities for mentors to perform around GSOC admin participation, mentee evaluation, and mid/final status reporting. Additionally, NF has strongly requested that there be two mentors (primary/backup) for each student position. I think, if you are interested in being a GSOC mentor for Bokeh, that’s fantastic, but a more realistic path would be for you yourself to become involved as a active contributor between now and next year, get you added to @bokeh/dev, and then we could probably find someone to agree to be a backup mentor with you.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 6:01:44 AM UTC-8, Shekhar Prasad Rajak wrote:

Hello Bryan,

If this project idea is listed in the idea list then I will try my best to collaborate with the student(whoever is interested) and the aim of the GSOC coding period will be to make it workable for Angular applications and may be later we can have similar things for React applications.

Since I am certified Full Stack Developer and have strong knowledge in Angular 4/5/6/7 application, I think I will be good fit for the mentoring this project. I wrote a article about Angular concepts as well in medium, have a look into this blog post.

What do you think?

Thanks and regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,

Blog | Github | Twitter

On Wednesday, 27 February 2019, 10:49:08 pm GMT+5:30, Bryan Van de Ven [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

Bryan

Hello all,

numfocus/gsoc

Regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,

Blog | Github | Twitter

Hello all,

Thanks and regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,

Blog | Github | Twitter

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected] .

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/ continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/ 83420812-f817-46ea-a705- a63504d05125%40continuum.io.

Thanks for letting me know these points. I see there is NumFOCUS small development grant programme. Can I submit an Idea/project proposal to Bokeh team about ng-bokeh Angular wrapper project, then Bokeh team can select it and forward it to NUMFOCUS?

I see there are lots of queried coming to use BokehJS in Angular/React Web application. So I think this project is worth to have.

Thanks and regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,

Blog | Github | Twitter

Hi Shekhar,

I appreciate your enthusiasm, however it is not so simple. The GSOC program rules state that mentors should be active contributors to a project, and it’s not merely collaboration, there are specific required responsibilities for mentors to perform around GSOC admin participation, mentee evaluation, and mid/final status reporting. Additionally, NF has strongly requested that there be two mentors (primary/backup) for each student position. I think, if you are interested in being a GSOC mentor for Bokeh, that’s fantastic, but a more realistic path would be for you yourself to become involved as a active contributor between now and next year, get you added to @bokeh/dev, and then we could probably find someone to agree to be a backup mentor with you.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Saturday, 2 March 2019, 1:42:47 am GMT+5:30, bokeh.bryan [email protected] wrote:

Hello Bryan,

What do you think?

Thanks and regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,

Blog | Github | Twitter

Hi,

Thanks,

Bryan

Hello all,

numfocus/gsoc

Regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,

Blog | Github | Twitter

Hello all,

Thanks and regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,

Blog | Github | Twitter

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/b6c2cf31-828b-455f-9fa3-11e20e12e644%40continuum.io.

Hi Shekhar,

Projects are only permitted to submit one proposal per SDG round, and we have already submitted a proposal for this round (to update and migrate the documentation to ReadTheDocs). We have also already tentatively discussed an idea with someone for next round, regarding removing unnecessary data copies form the websocket handlers in Tornado, which would benefit every Bokeh app user immediately. We could consider your proposal for this for in the round after next, which will be sometime in the second half of the year.

Thanks,

Byran

···

On Mar 20, 2019, at 5:03 AM, Shekhar Rajak <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for letting me know these points. I see there is NumFOCUS small development grant programme. Can I submit an Idea/project proposal to Bokeh team about ng-bokeh Angular wrapper project, then Bokeh team can select it and forward it to NUMFOCUS?

I see there are lots of queried coming to use BokehJS in Angular/React Web application. So I think this project is worth to have.

Thanks and regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,
Blog | Github | Twitter

On Saturday, 2 March 2019, 1:42:47 am GMT+5:30, bokeh.bryan <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Shekhar,

I appreciate your enthusiasm, however it is not so simple. The GSOC program rules state that mentors should be active contributors to a project, and it's not merely collaboration, there are specific required responsibilities for mentors to perform around GSOC admin participation, mentee evaluation, and mid/final status reporting. Additionally, NF has strongly requested that there be two mentors (primary/backup) for each student position. I think, if you are interested in being a GSOC mentor for Bokeh, that's fantastic, but a more realistic path would be for you yourself to become involved as a active contributor between now and next year, get you added to @bokeh/dev, and then we could probably find someone to agree to be a backup mentor with you.

Thanks,

Bryan

Hello Bryan,

What do you think?

Thanks and regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,
Blog | Github | Twitter

On Wednesday, 27 February 2019, 10:49:08 pm GMT+5:30, Bryan Van de Ven <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

Bryan

Hello all,

numfocus/gsoc

Regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,
Blog | Github | Twitter

On Sunday, 3 February 2019, 9:12:37 pm GMT+5:30, Shekhar Prasad Rajak <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello all,

I want to use it in Angular application (Google is improving Angular day by day and enhancing it's features). I am working on an Angular module, that will be helpful to plot bokeh graphs and charts in Angular application.

Thanks and regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,
Blog | Github | Twitter

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/b6c2cf31-828b-455f-9fa3-11e20e12e644%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/1902262836.7985329.1553083418657%40mail.yahoo.com\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

Thanks for the update Bryan!

Meanwhile, I will be working on it and notedownn the roadmap for this.

Regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,

Blog | Github | Twitter

Hi Shekhar,

Projects are only permitted to submit one proposal per SDG round, and we have already submitted a proposal for this round (to update and migrate the documentation to ReadTheDocs). We have also already tentatively discussed an idea with someone for next round, regarding removing unnecessary data copies form the websocket handlers in Tornado, which would benefit every Bokeh app user immediately. We could consider your proposal for this for in the round after next, which will be sometime in the second half of the year.

Thanks,

Byran

···

On Wednesday, 20 March 2019, 8:41:57 pm GMT+5:30, Bryan Van de Ven [email protected] wrote:

On Mar 20, 2019, at 5:03 AM, Shekhar Rajak [email protected] wrote:

Thanks and regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,
Blog | Github | Twitter

On Saturday, 2 March 2019, 1:42:47 am GMT+5:30, bokeh.bryan [email protected] wrote:

Hi Shekhar,

Thanks,

Bryan

Hello Bryan,

What do you think?

Thanks and regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,
Blog | Github | Twitter

Hi,

Thanks,

Bryan

Hello all,

numfocus/gsoc

Regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,
Blog | Github | Twitter

Hello all,

Thanks and regards,
Shekhar Prasad Rajak,
Blog | Github | Twitter

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/b6c2cf31-828b-455f-9fa3-11e20e12e644%40continuum.io.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/1902262836.7985329.1553083418657%40mail.yahoo.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/0063BC76-8923-48B6-88CD-1D86FCBF1201%40gmail.com.