Only LayoutDOM items can be inserted into a column.

Hello,

I am writing a code that creates multiple plots depending on the number of input files. Each plot object is stored as a dictionary value with a uniqe key identifier which enables me to differentiate plots. I have a problem when creating plots by calling show() in combination with column() function in order to display multiple plots in a vertical alignment. When I create a string of desired objects that I want to plot and provide it to the column() within show() function I get the following error:“LayoutDOM items can be inserted into a column”. I am wondering if**there is any other way to provide objects to be plotted rather than entering them manually?

I is working when i enter values manually:

show(column(my_dict[‘one’], my_dict[‘two’]))

When I try:

some_string=“my_dict[‘one’], my_dict[‘two’]”

show(column(some_string))

ValueError: Only LayoutDOM items can be inserted into a column.

Cheers,

Nemanja

Hi Nemanja,

It’s not the matter of Bokeh, but rather of Python.

What you want can be done simply by: show(column(*[my_dict[n] for n in selected_plot_names]))

Regards,

Eugene

···

On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 10:32:37 PM UTC+7, [email protected] wrote:

Hello,

I am writing a code that creates multiple plots depending on the number of input files. Each plot object is stored as a dictionary value with a uniqe key identifier which enables me to differentiate plots. I have a problem when creating plots by calling show() in combination with column() function in order to display multiple plots in a vertical alignment. When I create a string of desired objects that I want to plot and provide it to the column() within show() function I get the following error:“LayoutDOM items can be inserted into a column”. I am wondering if**there is any other way to provide objects to be plotted rather than entering them manually?

When I try:

Cheers,

Nemanja

By the way, “column” accepts also a list of objects, so you can even omit “*” in my previous message.

Eugene

···

On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 1:44:46 AM UTC+7, Eugene Pakhomov wrote:

Hi Nemanja,

It’s not the matter of Bokeh, but rather of Python.

What you want can be done simply by: show(column(*[my_dict[n] for n in selected_plot_names]))

Regards,

Eugene

On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 10:32:37 PM UTC+7, [email protected] wrote:

Hello,

When I try:

Cheers,

Nemanja