OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

Hi,
I have been working with Bokeh in my Notebook and really enjoy it. Now I want to run it on a server and make a webapp of it with crossfiltering and other functionalities. For this I am trying to install the bokeh server using this guide: Setting up a development environment — Bokeh 2.4.2 Documentation
I am following all the steps in my Anaconda prompt. At some there is an instruction saying:
“From the top level of the source checkout directory, execute the following command at your command prompt to install all the required packages:”
I choose the Windows version, which I am not able to show here properly as it keeps saying "
Extra open brace or missing close brace" (there is a dollar-sign before the first opening bracket)

“conda install” (python scripts/deps.py build run test).split() | where {$_}

Then it gives an error message including:
“Exception ignored in: <colorama.ansitowin32.StreamWrapper object at 0x000001DB976B3B88>
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument”

Please can you help me with this?

Thanks,

Naveen

Hi @nav the instructions you linked are part of the (Bokeh) Developer’s Guide, and are for people who are looking to work on Bokeh itself. If you are just trying to use Bokeh as a normal user, then you don’t need to do any of the things listed there. All typical users need is

conda install bokeh

or

pip install bokeh

In general, Bokeh users will mainly want to consult the User’s Guide.

Hi Bryan,

Wow, what a super fast response! Thanks"

I want to run a server and have downloaded the following case codes:

However, when I type in “bokeh serve --show crossfilter” it says:

‘bokeh’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

in my command prompt

Would you be able to guide me through this please?

thanks,

naveen

Normally all that is required for the bokeh command to be available is running the pip or conda install as described above. You’ll have to describe the steps you have already taken in some more detail.

The correct command should:

“python -m bokeh serve --show main.py”

then it starts working.

Thanks again!!

Naveen

I guess this sounds like a Windows specific path issue, then. You certainly can run he Bokeh server that way (in general you can run any Python script module that way), but you shouldn’t have to.