Plotting interactive Networkx graphs with Bokeh?

Hi,

I’m looking for options to plot graphs created with https://networkx.github.io inside IPython notebooks. So far, all the examples I’ve found seem to use Matplotlib for that purpose, which apparently doesn’t provide the interactivity I’m looking for, like dragging nodes around and having the layout slightly change accordingly. Is there any hope to do this with Bokeh?

Thanks!

This kind of thing is definitely of interest and on the roadmap, but that's true of many things. There are currently some other high priorities that are occupying the entire team. If a new contributor worked on this that could potentially accelerate things. Otherwise I would say this would doubt anyone on the current core team would be able to start looking at it for at least several months.

Bryan

···

On Aug 26, 2015, at 12:16 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for options to plot graphs created with https://networkx.github.io inside IPython notebooks. So far, all the examples I've found seem to use Matplotlib for that purpose, which apparently doesn't provide the interactivity I'm looking for, like dragging nodes around and having the layout slightly change accordingly. Is there any hope to do this with Bokeh?

Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/64cded6f-c2fd-4a61-97cc-0f8078956953%40continuum.io.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

There’s an open issue here: https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh/issues/187

Personally I think when the new server work is done there’ll be some quick wins and some really interesting opportunities.

Best

Bird

···

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 9:54 AM, Bryan Van de Ven [email protected] wrote:

This kind of thing is definitely of interest and on the roadmap, but that’s true of many things. There are currently some other high priorities that are occupying the entire team. If a new contributor worked on this that could potentially accelerate things. Otherwise I would say this would doubt anyone on the current core team would be able to start looking at it for at least several months.

Bryan

On Aug 26, 2015, at 12:16 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

I’m looking for options to plot graphs created with https://networkx.github.io inside IPython notebooks. So far, all the examples I’ve found seem to use Matplotlib for that purpose, which apparently doesn’t provide the interactivity I’m looking for, like dragging nodes around and having the layout slightly change accordingly. Is there any hope to do this with Bokeh?

Thanks!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/64cded6f-c2fd-4a61-97cc-0f8078956953%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/E7B0AD50-A3DA-49BB-AC32-D8A9C6698E58%40continuum.io.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.