possible to sort datatable rows by selected state, or toggle display of unselected rows?

Hi, I have a scatterplot visualization with a datatable that updates based on the selected points in the scatterplot. User would like to group selected rows in the datatable for review. Currently they must scroll through the dataset looking for highlighted rows, which doesn’t allow for easy review.

Is there a way I can add an option to sort by selected rows, or toggle the display of unselected rows?

Thanks for developing such a useful visualization platform, it’s really helping to view larger datasets in the browser where d3 tends to get bogged down while rendering larger datasets.

Hi Josh! I don’t have an answer for you unfortunately, but I came here trying to generate a scatter plot like yours, but am struggling with the callback. Would you mind sharing your code with me?
[email protected]

-Greg

···

On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 10:36:02 AM UTC-7, Josh McMichael wrote:

Hi, I have a scatterplot visualization with a datatable that updates based on the selected points in the scatterplot. User would like to group selected rows in the datatable for review. Currently they must scroll through the dataset looking for highlighted rows, which doesn’t allow for easy review.

Is there a way I can add an option to sort by selected rows, or toggle the display of unselected rows?

Thanks for developing such a useful visualization platform, it’s really helping to view larger datasets in the browser where d3 tends to get bogged down while rendering larger datasets.

Yeah sure, our code is open source and developed on a public github repository. It’s part of pVACtools, a suite of cancer immunotherapy tools. The bokeh visualization code is primarily here:

https://github.com/griffithlab/pVACtools/blob/staging/utils/pvacapi/visualizations.py

There are a couple of js files that implement TSV downloads, and the visualization is displayed in an iframe of the pVACviz web client, an Angular/Typescript web app here:

I’m going to be spending more time figuring out if sorting by selected is doable by fiddling with the SlickGrid API, but probably not for another month.

Let me know if you have any further questions about the visualization.

···

On Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 8:59:40 PM UTC-5, Greg Black wrote:

Hi Josh! I don’t have an answer for you unfortunately, but I came here trying to generate a scatter plot like yours, but am struggling with the callback. Would you mind sharing your code with me?
[email protected]

-Greg

Hi everyone,

···

My colleague, Genevieve Buckley, recently came up with a workaround for this. She’s whittled our code down to a minimal example, here:

https://gist.github.com/GenevieveBuckley/d2a0ec3e32c58bdf1eb8d195f9b150a1

It does involve making a new dataframe on every selection event, but it is fast enough for us. There is also a javascript error being produced [1] that we don’t understand, but it doesn’t seem to negatively affect functioning. Suggestions to improve this would be very welcome!

Juan.

…[1]: session.js:76 [bokeh] Unhandled ERROR reply to 58FA854AF7B04407803857FE318AC23A: DeserializationError(“Seq(Any) expected a list or None, got {‘0’: -0.5808520704035302, ‘1’: -0.469425436917776}”,)

Thank you! I’ll explore this option when I revisit implementation of this feature and let y’all know how it goes.

Josh

···

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018, at 8:45 PM, Juan Nunez-Iglesias wrote:

Hi everyone,

My colleague, Genevieve Buckley, recently came up with a workaround for this. She’s whittled our code down to a minimal example, here:

https://gist.github.com/GenevieveBuckley/d2a0ec3e32c58bdf1eb8d195f9b150a1

It does involve making a new dataframe on every selection event, but it is fast enough for us. There is also a javascript error being produced [1] that we don’t understand, but it doesn’t seem to negatively affect functioning. Suggestions to improve this would be very welcome!

Juan.

…[1]: session.js:76 [bokeh] Unhandled ERROR reply to 58FA854AF7B04407803857FE318AC23A: DeserializationError(“Seq(Any) expected a list or None, got {‘0’: -0.5808520704035302, ‘1’: -0.469425436917776}”,)

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/bac47b39-ef5f-477e-bf30-816017d0b05f%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.