Preserving "off screen" history for streaming data

Hi,

I am using grid with several charts streaming data updated thorugh ColumnDataSources. I am very much satisfied with how Bokeh scales the display (X and Y) according to the displayed content.

I am willing to extend the rollover period, but without displaying the whole history by default - only the newer right side of the data to be displayed. The extended historical data will be visible only when zooming out with tools (and clicking on reset - will hide it again).

I tried playing with x_range, options, but without too much success

Thanks,

Meir Tseitlin

If the plot range type is a DataRange1d (which I assume you are, if the range is resizing to fit your data), you should be able to use the follow and follow_interval properties to set a window of a certain size (follow interval) that follows the new data (follow - either start or end).

ยทยทยท

On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 4:21:48 AM UTC-3, Meir Tseitlin wrote:

Hi,

I am using grid with several charts streaming data updated thorugh ColumnDataSources. I am very much satisfied with how Bokeh scales the display (X and Y) according to the displayed content.

I am willing to extend the rollover period, but without displaying the whole history by default - only the newer right side of the data to be displayed. The extended historical data will be visible only when zooming out with tools (and clicking on reset - will hide it again).

I tried playing with x_range, options, but without too much success

Thanks,

Meir Tseitlin