Prevent TapTool from highlighting selected point?

Is there any way to prevent the TapTool from modifying the underlying rect plot when activated?

I would like to use the tap tool for navigation only, not for highlighting.

The example at bokeh/examples/glyphs/colors.py has a tap tool that opens a URL. At the same time, all other colors except the selected one get washed out, and stay that way until the user hits
Is there any way to open the URL without washing out the colors? [ I just realized this is likely to be a change to the css, isn’t it?]

And while I’m here, is there any way to get OpenURL() to open in the same tab as the current plot? The behavior I observe when running colors.py in ipython notebook is it always open in another tab.

Thanks in advance!

Hi There,

Is there any way to prevent the TapTool from modifying the underlying rect plot when activated?

I would like to use the tap tool for navigation only, not for highlighting.

The example at bokeh/examples/glyphs/colors.py has a tap tool that opens a URL. At the same time, all other colors except the selected one get washed out, and stay that way until the user hits
Is there any way to open the URL without washing out the colors? [ I just realized this is likely to be a change to the css, isn’t it?]

Yes, you can tell wich glyph to use for “nonselection” by specifying it when you add the renderer. The following should do:

rect_renderer = plot.add_glyph(source, rect, nonselection_glyph=rect)

``

And while I’m here, is there any way to get OpenURL() to open in the same tab as the current plot? The behavior I observe when running colors.py in ipython notebook is it always open in another tab.

I don’t think it’s possible right now. Can you open a GH issue about this so we can discuss and track this feature request?

Thank you!

Cheers

···

On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 12:49:21 PM UTC+2, [email protected] wrote:

Thanks in advance!