Problem posting question to community support

Hi,

Trying to post question to community support, have posted a couple of times before, but am in ‘new user’ category.

Post initially included two screenshots and a bock quote, removed one screen shot in light of message advising new users can only include one embedded tem, but still getting message saying new users can only mention one other user? I’m not knowingly mentioning any other users. Message a bit baffling, and no obvious way to get clarification…? Anything which made this more idiot proof and understandable for new users would be great!

:slightly_smiling_face:

but still getting message saying new users can only mention one other user? I’m not knowingly mentioning any other users.

Hi @PennyL I’ve never heard of anything like that ever happening to new users before, so I’m afraid I don’t have anything especially useful to add or suggest. But it looks like the system has already automatically bumped you up to Basic User level so you should be good to go for adding more images, etc. Please let us know if you are still having any issues, though.

Hi Bryan,

I think I worked it out. I included some code in my post, which (as you helped me work out later) wasn’t properly formatted. It included hover tools set-up, with various @this and @that elements, which I think the system interpreted as user names. I took them out and it let me upload OK.

I am not a complete idiot in daily life, but my interactions with the forum yesterday were surprisingly incompetent at all levels. I very much appreciate the supportive nature of the group, on Stackoverflow I’d have lost a limb by now!

Best regards,

Penny

2 Likes