Programmatic exports

Hi all,

I’ve been developing various dashboards and I’ve used Bokeh Server for all of them - thanks for this, they work a charm and look great.

I’m now in the process of developing a system that automates daily reports - I’m hoping to use Bokeh graphs in these, albeit static ones, in order to keep a consistent branding (plus they look a lot nicer than alternatives imo). Is it possible to produce graphs in a programmatic way? i.e. produce all the data points using pandas then export a png straight into a directory?

I’ve looked at the export png part in Bokeh and despite having all the dependencies I keep getting errors with PhantomJS path ‘not existing’. It’s getting very frustrating and I can’t seem to get it to work - as such, I’m sort of prepared to give up on this if I won’t actually be able to do the above anyway (programmatic exports).

I’d love some advice on this.

Thanks in advance,

Harry

Hi,

Bokeh just looks for phantoms on your system execution path (i.e. $PATH in a bash shell and I think %PATH% on windows). The message you show is just Bokeh saying it can’t find phantomjs on your path to be able to run it. If you installed via conda using the instructions in the docs, and are running python out of the same env you installed phantomjs into, I’d expect things to “just work”. If you installed phantomjs in some other way, you’ll need to locate it and make sure it’s on your path in whatever way is appropriate to your OS.

Thanks.

Bryan

···

On Oct 20, 2017, at 03:00, [email protected] wrote:

Hi all,

I’ve been developing various dashboards and I’ve used Bokeh Server for all of them - thanks for this, they work a charm and look great.

I’m now in the process of developing a system that automates daily reports - I’m hoping to use Bokeh graphs in these, albeit static ones, in order to keep a consistent branding (plus they look a lot nicer than alternatives imo). Is it possible to produce graphs in a programmatic way? i.e. produce all the data points using pandas then export a png straight into a directory?

I’ve looked at the export png part in Bokeh and despite having all the dependencies I keep getting errors with PhantomJS path ‘not existing’. It’s getting very frustrating and I can’t seem to get it to work - as such, I’m sort of prepared to give up on this if I won’t actually be able to do the above anyway (programmatic exports).

I’d love some advice on this.

Thanks in advance,

Harry

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/ee99e79e-52d8-42df-bf7e-54c4542ab93e%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.