Q&A on Stack Overflow?

As a general guideline, it’s probably best if, moving forward, we ask people to do their Q&As on StackOverflow since that makes the content easier to update and searchable. What do you think?

I say this because I am getting some really good answers from the Bokeh team in the mailing list, but I would hate those answers to be difficult to access for others (and hard to update). I get faster responses from the mailing list, which is why I ask them here, but that’s not good practice :).

With that in mind, here is one question that I posted:

When to use bokeh-server --script <file.py>?

Josh

Hi Josh,

As a general guideline, it’s probably best if, moving forward, we ask people to do their Q&As on StackOverflow since that makes the content easier to update and searchable. What do you think?

Thanks for your feeadback. IMHO it depends on the type of discussions. For questions about bugs [or] with code examples i think GitHub is a better place (and easier for us to track the status of the issue).

SO probably makes it easier to edit and work on general Q&As. At the same time not everybody like [or use] it. We try to support as much channels as we can. (even if you tweet a question :slight_smile:

I say this because I am getting some really good answers from the Bokeh team in the mailing list, but I would hate those answers to be difficult to access for others (and hard to update). I get faster responses from the mailing list, which is why I ask them here, but that’s not good practice :).

Thanks again for your feedback. We are always eager to improve our support and recently have been having some internal discussion about it.

Cheers

Fabio

···

On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 3:41:12 PM UTC+1, Josh Wasserstein wrote:

With that in mind, here is one question that I posted:

When to use bokeh-server --script <file.py>?

Josh