[Q] bokeh server usecase

Hy,

I looked into some examples off the bokeh server.

My goal is to combine a tkinter application with a bokeh visualization.

I want to choose a file in python, extract data and add it to a bokeh plot previously opened with other data.

(The existing python application produces multiple results file in different stages)

I want to update the plot after every stage.

Is this even possible with the current version?

The only solution I came up with is a static plot (I have to choose all data files first and then create the bokeh plot).

Regards,

Tom

Hi,

The scenario described is a bit broad, so it's hard to suggest specifics. Is the "previous data" still available at later stages? Or is it "gone"? Is the user of the TK app the same user that views the plot (is everything local to one machine). I can imagine a few possible suggestions but it would help if you expand more about what workflow you are trying to accomplish, and how the different pieces fit together (when and and where and how is available).

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Nov 2, 2016, at 2:48 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Hy,

I want to choose a file in python, extract data and add it to a bokeh plot previously opened with other data.
(The existing python application produces multiple results file in different stages)

The only solution I came up with is a static plot (I have to choose all data files first and then create the bokeh plot).

Regards,
Tom

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/5e44322b-2edc-44fe-967c-499e4b2a359e%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

The scenario is the following:

Everything works locally on one machine.

1. The user generates some data which is stored to a file (Data has multiple columns and all relations should be visualized → Data will be in column data source?)

2. The user wants to visualize the created data → specific number of plots

3. The user generates new data that is stored to a new file and the data should be added to the already open plots

4. Again like 3

5. User can select a point and receive its parameters in python

Every time data is added to the plots I want the points to be in a different color.

Thanks for the great support, keep up the amazing work.

Thomas Niedermayr

···

Am Freitag, 4. November 2016 18:59:34 UTC+1 schrieb Bryan Van de ven:

Hi,

The scenario described is a bit broad, so it’s hard to suggest specifics. Is the “previous data” still available at later stages? Or is it “gone”? Is the user of the TK app the same user that views the plot (is everything local to one machine). I can imagine a few possible suggestions but it would help if you expand more about what workflow you are trying to accomplish, and how the different pieces fit together (when and and where and how is available).

Thanks,

Bryan

On Nov 2, 2016, at 2:48 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Hy,

Regards,

Tom

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/5e44322b-2edc-44fe-967c-499e4b2a359e%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.