[Q] Is it possible to link selected points over multiple html files?

I previously had 150+ plots in different bokeh tabs inside one html file.
To improve opening time I want to split those charts up into multiple html files.

Now I would need a way to link the selection to all html’s.

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Thinking about this more, I am afraid this approach may simply be outside the boundary of what can be accomplished reasonably with Bokeh server. Multi-page apps would require a level and kind of synchronization that Bokeh server does not currently offer. You'd have to do things like manual cookie manipulation for session matching, and synchronizing the parts you care about sharing explicitly through some outside data store (liek Redis, or similar). I won't say multi-page Bokeh apps are completely impossible, but it wou be an extremely non-trivial task, and the results still might be unsatisfactory.

Given that, if you want to use Bokeh for this, I can only think of a few potentially reasonable possibilities:

* find a way to drastically combine plots, e.g. using twin-axes

* have some control to select a subset of the plots at a time. If you have a top level layout in a document, it is possible to swap out the children of that *top-level* layout (replacing sub-sublayouts may not work currently). So you could possibly have a dropdown or menu that controls which 10 or 12 plots get shown at any one time.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Sep 27, 2016, at 5:24 AM, [email protected] wrote:

I previously had 150+ plots in different bokeh tabs inside one html file.
To improve opening time I want to split those charts up into multiple html files.
Now I would need a way to link the selection to all html's.
Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/7fbdce35-cdd9-4356-b8e6-9a5cdd8c72a4%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.