[Q] Opening HTML extremly slow (5 min+)

Hi,

I’m rather new to bokeh but is there a way to improve speed when opening the html in browser?

I hava a data set (50x300) and make about 150 plots on various tabs.

In the best case it takes about 2 minutes wigoogle chrome. Internet Explorer mostly gets stuck.

Is there a way to load them one after the other and present what is loaded or is there some other way to speed up that process?

I already use webgl=True and abbandoned charts as I read they slow it down even more.

If possible is there someone to look at the Code (private message) or does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work,

Tom

I use output_file and show, if thats relevant.

Thanks,

Tom

···

Am Samstag, 10. September 2016 19:33:49 UTC+2 schrieb [email protected]:

Hi,

I’m rather new to bokeh but is there a way to improve speed when opening the html in browser?

In the best case it takes about 2 minutes wigoogle chrome. Internet Explorer mostly gets stuck.

Is there a way to load them one after the other and present what is loaded or is there some other way to speed up that process?

I already use webgl=True and abbandoned charts as I read they slow it down even more.

If possible is there someone to look at the Code (private message) or does anyone have a solution?

Tom

Hi Tom,

First, webgl=True is probably irrelevant to your case. It is helpful when there is one plot with 200,000 points, not when there are 200 plots with 1000 points. Realistically, 150 plots in one document is fairly well outside any use case we've optimized for or even really considered. Affording all the interactive capabilities and the ease of creation from Python entails certain trade-offs, and this is a situation that will definitely start to bump up against those trade-offs.

My best suggestion is to break up your page into multiple HTML documents (each with their own Bokeh document embedded) instead of putting everything in tabs in a single document. Then have some "top level" page that navigates between them. Looking at your screenshot, it seems that might put you in the range of 10-20 plots per page, which is certainly more reasonable for Bokeh.

Beyond that, I can only say that if 150 plots in one HTML document is a hard requirement, then Bokeh may not be the right tool for your use case.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Sep 10, 2016, at 12:33 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

I'm rather new to bokeh but is there a way to improve speed when opening the html in browser?

Tom

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/78775f82-9c60-4919-9083-6676938ab77d%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.
<screen.JPG>

Hi Bryan,

It seems I have to go that way. Once opened everything works smooth and fast but opening takes much time.

Is there a way to link the data over different htmls?

Kind regards,

Tom