Questions about the hover tool

Hey,

is it possible to apply a hover tool for a line-plot? What I find very strange: My plot is working and being shown, but as soon as I put “hover” in my tools, it is not shown and i see a white page that only says “Plots”. No difference if output_notebook or output_file is set. I am using Google Chrome.

What is the input for the hover dict? Does it have to have as many entries as my x-range is long?

I want my hover tool to show the values of other, not-plotted columns that give additional information to the plot.

And for the hover dictionary, I’ve both seen $ and @ in use, does it make a difference?

for plot in plots:

source = ColumnDataSource(

data=dict(

test = plot

)

)

y = plot

l = line(x,y,

x_range=x_range[0],

source = source,

title=getTitle(laufendeNummer),

color="#000000",

x_axis_type="datetime",

legend=getLegend(laufendeNummer),

plot_width=1000, plot_height=300,

tools = "pan, hover,box_zoom, wheel_zoom")

xaxis()[0].axis_label="Zeit"

ylabel = "["+getUnitByCol(getColum(Was[laufendeNummer]))+"]"

yaxis()[0].axis_label=ylabel

# We want to add some fields for the hover tool to interrogate, but first we

# have to get ahold of the tool. This will be made easier in future releases.

hover = [t for t in curplot().tools if isinstance(t, HoverTool)][0]

hover.tooltips = OrderedDict([

("Test", "$test"),

])

x_range[0]=l.x_range

allPlots.append([l])

laufendeNummer = laufendeNummer + 1

Greetings

Thomas

Thomas,

I don’t know if it is a bug or just not yet implemented. Hover is one of those in progress items. It works ok for me when I use a static file, but as soon as I use output_server() I get the same behavior that you mention. I am embedding it in a django powered site I am working on.

Mark Benedict

def draw_jitter()

#df is a pandas data frame

y = np.log10(np.abs(df[:-1].values)+1)

x = np.random.rand(len(y))

bpl.output_server(“scatter”)

#bpl.output_file(“junk.html”)

bpl.hold()

#f = bpl.figure(tools=“pan,wheel_zoom,box_zoom,reset,select,hover”)

thePlot = bpl.circle(x, y,plot_width=450,plot_height = 500,line_color=‘indigo’,fill_alpha=0.8,

size=12, title=df.name,

background_fill= ‘#cccccc’)

cutoff = tol*y.std()+np.median(y)

neg_cutoff = np.median(y) - tol*y.std()

#bpl.save()

return tthePlot.create_html_snippet(server=True) #open(‘junk.html’,‘r’).read()

···

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:50:18 AM UTC-4, Thomas Rusche wrote:

Hey,

is it possible to apply a hover tool for a line-plot? What I find very strange: My plot is working and being shown, but as soon as I put “hover” in my tools, it is not shown and i see a white page that only says “Plots”. No difference if output_notebook or output_file is set. I am using Google Chrome.

What is the input for the hover dict? Does it have to have as many entries as my x-range is long?

I want my hover tool to show the values of other, not-plotted columns that give additional information to the plot.

And for the hover dictionary, I’ve both seen $ and @ in use, does it make a difference?

for plot in plots:

data=dict(
                                        test = plot
                                        )
                              )
    y = plot
    l = line(x,y,
             x_range=x_range[0],
             source = source,
             color="#000000",
             x_axis_type="datetime",
        ("Test", "$test"),
    ])
    x_range[0]=l.x_range
    allPlots.append([l])

Greetings

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

The best explanation for the hover dict is currently in the tutorial:

http://bokeh.pydata.org/tutorial/basic.html#hovering-above-the-data

I will make a note to add a section to the user guide as well. It's definitely possible to show non-plotted columns. The periodic table example has a pretty good demonstration of this:

http://bokeh.pydata.org/docs/gallery/periodic.html

Point hit-testing (which the hover tool depends on) is not implemented yet for line glyphs. It should not be that hard, but the only little quirk is that when you have a line, or lines, you may be interested in hovering over just the points, or you may want to hit-test anywhere along the line(s). We just need to figure out a clean way to configure which behavior is wanted, and also a clean way to report back the selection since it is not just a list of indices like it is for the scatter type plots. (It's possibly a list of indices plus which line(s) were hit too).

I'd like to get this in pretty soon, and hopefully I will have some time this month, pull requests are always welcome of course. :slight_smile:

Bryan

···

On Apr 15, 2014, at 5:50 AM, Thomas Rusche <[email protected]> wrote:

Hey,

is it possible to apply a hover tool for a line-plot? What I find very strange: My plot is working and being shown, but as soon as I put "hover" in my tools, it is not shown and i see a white page that only says "Plots". No difference if output_notebook or output_file is set. I am using Google Chrome.
And for the hover dictionary, I've both seen $ and @ in use, does it make a difference?

for plot in plots:
                                  data=dict(
                                            test = plot
                                            )
                                  )
        y = plot
        l = line(x,y,
                 x_range=x_range[0],
                 source = source,
                 color="#000000",
                 x_axis_type="datetime",

("Test", "$test"),
        ])

x_range[0]=l.x_range
        allPlots.append([l])

Greetings
Thomas

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/3d7c3692-8dcf-4a6c-8797-04805de4ecf7%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

FYI Here is an issue that covers this issue with hover on the server:

Hover tool on categorical heatmap example on bokeh.pydata.org is broken · Issue #463 · bokeh/bokeh · GitHub

I'll bring it up with other folks and see if maybe there is some simple problem we can fix quickly. The hover tool just throws up a simple div so I am not sure what could be conflicting with it, but obviously something is.

Byan

···

On Apr 15, 2014, at 7:02 AM, Mark Benedict <[email protected]> wrote:

Thomas,

I don't know if it is a bug or just not yet implemented. Hover is one of those in progress items. It works ok for me when I use a static file, but as soon as I use output_server() I get the same behavior that you mention. I am embedding it in a django powered site I am working on.

Mark Benedict

def draw_jitter()
    bpl.output_server("scatter")
    #bpl.output_file("junk.html")
    bpl.hold()
    #f = bpl.figure(tools="pan,wheel_zoom,box_zoom,reset,select,hover")
    thePlot = bpl.circle(x, y,plot_width=450,plot_height = 500,line_color='indigo',fill_alpha=0.8,
       size=12, title=df.name,
       background_fill= '#cccccc')
    #bpl.save()
    return tthePlot.create_html_snippet(server=True) #open('junk.html','r').read()

Hey,

is it possible to apply a hover tool for a line-plot? What I find very strange: My plot is working and being shown, but as soon as I put "hover" in my tools, it is not shown and i see a white page that only says "Plots". No difference if output_notebook or output_file is set. I am using Google Chrome.
And for the hover dictionary, I've both seen $ and @ in use, does it make a difference?

for plot in plots:
                                  data=dict(
                                            test = plot
                                            )
                                  )
        y = plot
        l = line(x,y,
                 x_range=x_range[0],
                 source = source,
                 color="#000000",
                 x_axis_type="datetime",

("Test", "$test"),
        ])

x_range[0]=l.x_range
        allPlots.append([l])

Greetings
Thomas

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/302e9eb4-2fcb-4070-8591-3b904c080e2e%40continuum.io\.

Hi

Is there an example that implements hover for a lineplot?

I’m new to bokeh and was trying to use hover on lineplot and unable to get it to work. I have also attached my python code. All my CSV files have just two columns. I am trying to use their values to display on hover. Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Bhargav Golla

timeseriesPlot.py (2.42 KB)

···

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 10:13:12 AM UTC-4, Bryan Van de ven wrote:

[https://github.com/ContinuumIO/bokeh/issues/463](https://github.com/ContinuumIO/bokeh/issues/463)

I’ll bring it up with other folks and see if maybe there is some simple problem we can fix quickly. The hover tool just throws up a simple div so I am not sure what could be conflicting with it, but obviously something is.

Byan

On Apr 15, 2014, at 7:02 AM, Mark Benedict [email protected] wrote:

Thomas,

I don’t know if it is a bug or just not yet implemented. Hover is one of those in progress items. It works ok for me when I use a static file, but as soon as I use output_server() I get the same behavior that you mention. I am embedding it in a django powered site I am working on.

Mark Benedict

def draw_jitter()

bpl.hold()
thePlot = bpl.circle(x, y,plot_width=450,plot_height = 500,line_color='indigo',fill_alpha=0.8,
   size=12, title=[df.name](http://df.name),
#bpl.save()

Hey,

for plot in plots:

data=dict(
                                        test = plot
                                        )
                              )
    y = plot
    l = line(x,y,
             x_range=x_range[0],
             source = source,
             color="#000000",
             x_axis_type="datetime",
        ("Test", "$test"),
    ])
    x_range[0]=l.x_range
    allPlots.append([l])

Greetings

Thomas

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/302e9eb4-2fcb-4070-8591-3b904c080e2e%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Hi

[Not sure if my previous message was posted, so reposting. Sorry if you see this twice]

I’m new to bokeh and was trying to have hover tool for line plot. I am unable to get it working. Please find attached my code for the same. Am I doing something wrong here? Is there any example for use of hovertool in lineplot?

Regards

Bhargav

timeseriesPlot.py (2.42 KB)

···

[https://github.com/ContinuumIO/bokeh/issues/463](https://github.com/ContinuumIO/bokeh/issues/463)

I’ll bring it up with other folks and see if maybe there is some simple problem we can fix quickly. The hover tool just throws up a simple div so I am not sure what could be conflicting with it, but obviously something is.

Byan

Thomas,

Mark Benedict

def draw_jitter()

bpl.hold()
#bpl.save()

Hey,

for plot in plots:

data=dict(
                                        test = plot
                                        )
                              )
    y = plot
    l = line(x,y,
             x_range=x_range[0],
             source = source,
             color="#000000",
             x_axis_type="datetime",
        ("Test", "$test"),
    ])
    x_range[0]=l.x_range
    allPlots.append([l])

Greetings

Thomas

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/302e9eb4-2fcb-4070-8591-3b904c080e2e%40continuum.io.

Hi Bhargav,

Right now hit-testing is not implemented for line glyphs. It should be in for the next 0.7 release. In the mean time, if you want to have a hover tool for the *points* of a line, a workaround is to plot some alpha=0 circles at the some points as the points of the line, and attach the hover tool to that.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Sep 14, 2014, at 11:24 AM, Bhargav Golla <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi

[Not sure if my previous message was posted, so reposting. Sorry if you see this twice]

I'm new to bokeh and was trying to have hover tool for line plot. I am unable to get it working. Please find attached my code for the same. Am I doing something wrong here? Is there any example for use of hovertool in lineplot?

Regards
Bhargav

Hover tool on categorical heatmap example on bokeh.pydata.org is broken · Issue #463 · bokeh/bokeh · GitHub

I'll bring it up with other folks and see if maybe there is some simple problem we can fix quickly. The hover tool just throws up a simple div so I am not sure what could be conflicting with it, but obviously something is.

Byan

On Apr 15, 2014, at 7:02 AM, Mark Benedict <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thomas,
>
> I don't know if it is a bug or just not yet implemented. Hover is one of those in progress items. It works ok for me when I use a static file, but as soon as I use output_server() I get the same behavior that you mention. I am embedding it in a django powered site I am working on.
>
> Mark Benedict
>
> def draw_jitter()
> #df is a pandas data frame
> y = np.log10(np.abs(df[:-1].values)+1)
> x = np.random.rand(len(y))
> bpl.output_server("scatter")
> #bpl.output_file("junk.html")
> bpl.hold()
> #f = bpl.figure(tools="pan,wheel_zoom,box_zoom,reset,select,hover")
> thePlot = bpl.circle(x, y,plot_width=450,plot_height = 500,line_color='indigo',fill_alpha=0.8,
> size=12, title=df.name,
> background_fill= '#cccccc')
> cutoff = tol*y.std()+np.median(y)
> neg_cutoff = np.median(y) - tol*y.std()
> #bpl.save()
> return tthePlot.create_html_snippet(server=True) #open('junk.html','r').read()
>
>
>
>
> On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:50:18 AM UTC-4, Thomas Rusche wrote:
> Hey,
>
> is it possible to apply a hover tool for a line-plot? What I find very strange: My plot is working and being shown, but as soon as I put "hover" in my tools, it is not shown and i see a white page that only says "Plots". No difference if output_notebook or output_file is set. I am using Google Chrome.
> What is the input for the hover dict? Does it have to have as many entries as my x-range is long?
> I want my hover tool to show the values of other, not-plotted columns that give additional information to the plot.
> And for the hover dictionary, I've both seen $ and @ in use, does it make a difference?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> for plot in plots:
> source = ColumnDataSource(
> data=dict(
> test = plot
> )
> )
> y = plot
> l = line(x,y,
> x_range=x_range[0],
> source = source,
> title=getTitle(laufendeNummer),
> color="#000000",
> x_axis_type="datetime",
> legend=getLegend(laufendeNummer),
> plot_width=1000, plot_height=300,
> tools = "pan, hover,box_zoom, wheel_zoom")
> xaxis()[0].axis_label="Zeit"
> ylabel = "["+getUnitByCol(getColum(Was[laufendeNummer]))+"]"
> yaxis()[0].axis_label=ylabel
>
> # We want to add some fields for the hover tool to interrogate, but first we
> # have to get ahold of the tool. This will be made easier in future releases.
> hover = [t for t in curplot().tools if isinstance(t, HoverTool)][0]
> hover.tooltips = OrderedDict([
> ("Test", "$test"),
> ])
>
> x_range[0]=l.x_range
> allPlots.append([l])
> laufendeNummer = laufendeNummer + 1
>
> Greetings
> Thomas
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bokeh+un...@continuum.io.
> To post to this group, send email to bo...@continuum.io.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/302e9eb4-2fcb-4070-8591-3b904c080e2e%40continuum.io\.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/a02590e9-d883-4799-ba9d-beb4e68b307a%40continuum.io\.
<timeseriesPlot.py>

Thanks Bryan.
That helps.

···

Bhargav Golla

Developer. Freelancer.

Github | LinkedIN | Website

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 5:56 PM, Bryan Van de Ven [email protected] wrote:

Hi Bhargav,

Right now hit-testing is not implemented for line glyphs. It should be in for the next 0.7 release. In the mean time, if you want to have a hover tool for the points of a line, a workaround is to plot some alpha=0 circles at the some points as the points of the line, and attach the hover tool to that.

Thanks,

Bryan

On Sep 14, 2014, at 11:24 AM, Bhargav Golla [email protected] wrote:

Hi

I’m new to bokeh and was trying to have hover tool for line plot. I am unable to get it working. Please find attached my code for the same. Am I doing something wrong here? Is there any example for use of hovertool in lineplot?

Regards

Bhargav

Byan

Thomas,

Mark Benedict

def draw_jitter()

bpl.hold()
#bpl.save()

Hey,

for plot in plots:

data=dict(
                                        test = plot
                                        )
                              )
    y = plot
    l = line(x,y,
             x_range=x_range[0],
             source = source,
             color="#000000",
             x_axis_type="datetime",
        ("Test", "$test"),
    ])
    x_range[0]=l.x_range
    allPlots.append([l])

Greetings

Thomas

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/a02590e9-d883-4799-ba9d-beb4e68b307a%40continuum.io.

<timeseriesPlot.py>

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/topic/bokeh/gK8YhKL1RGw/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/51DE843C-B044-4CD1-B3A1-A15E5083D456%40continuum.io.

Please ignore. Sorry for the repost. My post from Google groups webpage got in now. It was probably moderated.

Bhargav Golla

···

On Sep 16, 2014 2:19 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Hi

Is there an example that implements hover for a lineplot?

I’m new to bokeh and was trying to use hover on lineplot and unable to get it to work. I have also attached my python code. All my CSV files have just two columns. I am trying to use their values to display on hover. Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Bhargav Golla

Byan

Thomas,

Mark Benedict

def draw_jitter()

bpl.hold()
#bpl.save()

Hey,

for plot in plots:

data=dict(
                                        test = plot
                                        )
                              )
    y = plot
    l = line(x,y,
             x_range=x_range[0],
             source = source,
             color="#000000",
             x_axis_type="datetime",
        ("Test", "$test"),
    ])
    x_range[0]=l.x_range
    allPlots.append([l])

Greetings

Thomas

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/topic/bokeh/gK8YhKL1RGw/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/4e8bb055-c6e7-4718-aa52-e854cce9833b%40continuum.io.

Hello Bryan,
I am trying to get the hover tool to work for the bokeh.plotting.rect plot, running on the bokeh server. Here is a snippet of the latest version of the code which generates the plot:

def bar_plot(self, df, column):

grain = self.date_grain

title = "Volume for " + self.instrument

max_value = df[column].max() * 1.1

if grain == ‘day’:

width = 2

color = ‘green’

elif grain == ‘week’:

width = 10

color = ‘orange’

elif grain == ‘month’:

width = 45

color = ‘blue’

data=dict(

date=df.index,

y=df[column] / 2,

qty=df[column]

)

)

plot = rect(

x=‘date’,

y=‘y’,

width=width, # This is some bug; rect() requires the width param

line_width=width, # but uses line_width

height=column,

color=color,

title=title,

source=source,

y_range=[0, max_value],

x_axis_type=“datetime”,

title_text_font_size=“20pt”,

plot_width=1100, plot_height=500,

tools=“pan,wheel_zoom,reset,hover”

)

xax, yax = bplt.axis()

xax.axis_label = ‘Date’

yax.axis_label = ‘Volume (in shares)’

TODO: not working. seems to need the source parameter

specified in plot. Then x, y, height, width, etc

are the names of columns in that frame.

tips = OrderedDict([

(“(x,y)”, “($x, $y)”),

(“date”, “@date”)

])

hover = [t for t in plot.tools if isinstance(t, HoverTool)][0]

hover.tooltips = tips

return plot

Everything works, except for the hover which seems to produce no effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Daniel

···

Hey,

for plot in plots:

data=dict(
                                        test = plot
                                        )
                              )
    y = plot
    l = line(x,y,
             x_range=x_range[0],
             source = source,
             color="#000000",
             x_axis_type="datetime",
        ("Test", "$test"),
    ])
    x_range[0]=l.x_range
    allPlots.append([l])

Greetings

Thomas

Hi Daniel,

Can you provide ore information about bokeh version, platform, browser configuration, etc? Is there any error output in the browser JS console? Also this might be better pursued in a GH issue. I don't see anything obviously wrong in your code, so it would require some investigation to reproduce.

Bryan

···

On Nov 25, 2014, at 9:32 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Hello Bryan,
      I am trying to get the hover tool to work for the bokeh.plotting.rect plot, running on the bokeh server. Here is a snippet of the latest version of the code which generates the plot:
        grain = self.date_grain

if grain == 'day':
            width = 2
            color = 'green'
        elif grain == 'week':
            width = 10
            color = 'orange'
        elif grain == 'month':
            width = 45
            color = 'blue'

data=dict(
                date=df.index,
                y=df[column] / 2,
                qty=df[column]
            )
        )
        plot = rect(
            x='date',
            y='y',
            width=width, # This is some bug; rect() requires the width param
            line_width=width, # but uses line_width
            height=column,
            color=color,
            title=title,
            source=source,
            y_range=[0, max_value],
            x_axis_type="datetime",
            title_text_font_size="20pt",
            tools="pan,wheel_zoom,reset,hover"
        )

xax, yax = bplt.axis()
        xax.axis_label = 'Date'
        yax.axis_label = 'Volume (in shares)'

# TODO: not working. seems to need the source parameter
        # specified in plot. Then x, y, height, width, etc
        # are the names of columns in that frame.
        tips = OrderedDict([
            ("(x,y)", "($x, $y)"),
            ("date", "@date")
        ])
        hover.tooltips = tips

return plot

Everything works, except for the hover which seems to produce no effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Daniel

Hey,

for plot in plots:
                                  data=dict(
                                            test = plot
                                            )
                                  )
        y = plot
        l = line(x,y,
                 x_range=x_range[0],
                 source = source,
                 color="#000000",
                 x_axis_type="datetime",

("Test", "$test"),
        ])

x_range[0]=l.x_range
        allPlots.append([l])

Greetings
Thomas

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/0eb342bc-8b40-46ba-a478-0023d3b95e11%40continuum.io\.

Hi Bryan,

I’m working with Daniel on this project.

Here is our configuration:

Bokeh Server Configuration

···

==========================

python version : 2.7.7

bokeh version : 0.6.1

listening : 127.0.0.1:5006

backend : shelve

python options : debug:OFF, verbose:OFF, filter-logs:OFF, multi-user:OFF

js options : splitjs:OFF, debugjs:OFF

data-directory : None

I’m using Chrome Version 38.0.2125.122

In the console, I’m seeing "Bokeh: ‘point’ selection not available on line renderer "

When I replace ‘rect’ with ‘circle’ to change the plot type - the tooltips render as expected and I get the same console warning (so I don’t think that’s the issue). It seems to be an issue with displaying tooltips on the rect glyph. Is that expected? An issue? Is there a workaround we could use?

Thanks!

Matt

On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 7:56:48 AM UTC-8, Bryan Van de ven wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Can you provide ore information about bokeh version, platform, browser configuration, etc? Is there any error output in the browser JS console? Also this might be better pursued in a GH issue. I don’t see anything obviously wrong in your code, so it would require some investigation to reproduce.

Bryan

Hello Bryan,

grain = self.date_grain
    if grain == 'day':
        width = 2
        color = 'green'
    elif grain == 'week':
        width = 10
        color = 'orange'
    elif grain == 'month':
        width = 45
        color = 'blue'
        data=dict(
            date=df.index,
            y=df[column] / 2,
            qty=df[column]
        )
    )
    plot = rect(
        x='date',
        y='y',
        width=width,  # This is some bug; rect() requires the width param
        line_width=width,  # but uses line_width
        height=column,
        color=color,
        title=title,
        source=source,
        y_range=[0, max_value],
        x_axis_type="datetime",
    )
    xax, yax = bplt.axis()
    xax.axis_label = 'Date'
    # TODO: not working.  seems to need the source parameter
    # specified in plot.  Then x, y, height, width, etc
    tips = OrderedDict([
        ("(x,y)", "($x, $y)"),
        ("date", "@date")
    ])
    hover.tooltips = tips
    return plot

Best,

Daniel

Hey,

for plot in plots:

data=dict(
                                        test = plot
                                        )
                              )
    y = plot
    l = line(x,y,
             x_range=x_range[0],
             source = source,
             color="#000000",
             x_axis_type="datetime",
        ("Test", "$test"),
    ])
    x_range[0]=l.x_range
    allPlots.append([l])

Greetings

Thomas

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/0eb342bc-8b40-46ba-a478-0023d3b95e11%40continuum.io.

Daniel, Matthew,

First, sorry for the delay in the answer…

How is your experience with our latest release?

BTW, rect glyph support hovering… you can see a working example here: http://bokeh.pydata.org/docs/gallery/les_mis.html

As the JS console says, ‘point’ selection is not available on the line renderer, but I do not see any line in the extract of code you posted.

Cheers.

Damian

···

On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:04:25 PM UTC-3, [email protected] wrote:

Hi Bryan,

I’m working with Daniel on this project.

Here is our configuration:

Bokeh Server Configuration

==========================

python version : 2.7.7

bokeh version : 0.6.1

listening : 127.0.0.1:5006

backend : shelve

python options : debug:OFF, verbose:OFF, filter-logs:OFF, multi-user:OFF

js options : splitjs:OFF, debugjs:OFF

data-directory : None

I’m using Chrome Version 38.0.2125.122

In the console, I’m seeing "Bokeh: ‘point’ selection not available on line renderer "

When I replace ‘rect’ with ‘circle’ to change the plot type - the tooltips render as expected and I get the same console warning (so I don’t think that’s the issue). It seems to be an issue with displaying tooltips on the rect glyph. Is that expected? An issue? Is there a workaround we could use?

Thanks!

Matt

On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 7:56:48 AM UTC-8, Bryan Van de ven wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Can you provide ore information about bokeh version, platform, browser configuration, etc? Is there any error output in the browser JS console? Also this might be better pursued in a GH issue. I don’t see anything obviously wrong in your code, so it would require some investigation to reproduce.

Bryan

Hello Bryan,

grain = self.date_grain
    if grain == 'day':
        width = 2
        color = 'green'
    elif grain == 'week':
        width = 10
        color = 'orange'
    elif grain == 'month':
        width = 45
        color = 'blue'
        data=dict(
            date=df.index,
            y=df[column] / 2,
            qty=df[column]
        )
    )
    plot = rect(
        x='date',
        y='y',
        width=width,  # This is some bug; rect() requires the width param
        line_width=width,  # but uses line_width
        height=column,
        color=color,
        title=title,
        source=source,
        y_range=[0, max_value],
        x_axis_type="datetime",
    )
    xax, yax = bplt.axis()
    xax.axis_label = 'Date'
    # TODO: not working.  seems to need the source parameter
    # specified in plot.  Then x, y, height, width, etc
    tips = OrderedDict([
        ("(x,y)", "($x, $y)"),
        ("date", "@date")
    ])
    hover.tooltips = tips
    return plot

Best,

Daniel

Hey,

for plot in plots:

data=dict(
                                        test = plot
                                        )
                              )
    y = plot
    l = line(x,y,
             x_range=x_range[0],
             source = source,
             color="#000000",
             x_axis_type="datetime",
        ("Test", "$test"),
    ])
    x_range[0]=l.x_range
    allPlots.append([l])

Greetings

Thomas

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/0eb342bc-8b40-46ba-a478-0023d3b95e11%40continuum.io.