Read and modify a bokeh slider value from flask

Hello,
I am exploring the communication between a Flask server and a Bokeh server.

from flask import Flask, render_template

from bokeh.embed import components
from bokeh.plotting import figure

from bokeh.client import pull_session
from bokeh.embed import server_session

app = Flask(__name__, template_folder="/home/luigi/my-bokeh/sliders/templates")

session = pull_session(url="http://192.168.1.101:5006/sliders")

# generate a script to load the customized session                                                                                                                                                 
script = server_session(session_id=session.id, url='http://192.168.1.101:5006/sliders')

@app.route('/get', methods=['GET'])
def get():

value = session.document.get_model_by_name("amplitude").value

return str(value), 200

@app.route('/set', methods=['GET'])
def set():

session.document.get_model_by_name("amplitude").value = 0.9                                                                                                                                                                               

value = session.document.get_model_by_name("amplitude").value

return str(value), 200

I have a main problem at the moment. When I change the value of the slider with

session.document.get_model_by_name("amplitude").value = 0.9
# session.push()

the bokeh slider is not updated.
In order to obtain an update, I need uncomment

above. However, if I do that, than the plot does not react anymore to the change of the slider,
until I reload the plot.

Another problem is the following: if I set the value of the slider with “set”, then I can read properly with “get”, howver the value I read is the one I have set, and not the one of the slider.

I appear that the session.document is not updated nor shared between flask and the bokeh server

Any idea? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.