repeated selection of same row in Data Table

I am experimenting by building a simple gui for exploring directories.
Given a current path I have a table that shows the directories in that path and another that shows the files.

I navigate by selecting directories and updating both the tables.

It all works fine unless I want to select the same index from the directories table, even though the value at that index is different.

Nothing happens if I selected index 0, then try to select index 0 again.

I have tries setting the “selected” to the empty list using something like

dirs_source.selected = {‘0d’: {‘glyph’: None, ‘indices’: },

'1d': {'indices': []}, '2d': {}}

but still I cannot select the same index from the table 2X in a row.

I am using the latest version, 12.9 and running on Windows, but I assume it is portable to Linux.
Any suggestions?
Note that I am setting selected on the underlying source, do I need to do something with the table widget itself?

Is there some behavioral difference between setting the selected attribute in Python vs. Javascript.
I prefer to stay all in Python if possible.

Thanks greatly,
- John Muller

I’m a complete JavaScript novice, but from looking at the console I believe what is going on is that the last cell selected
gets an “active” attribute on the HTML side, probably via SlickGrid.

Could anyone suggest some simple JavaScript code that would “de-activate” all the rows/cells in a table so that I can reselect the one at the same index position?

Can I access SlickGrid functionality using a CustomJS callback?

Finally, it looks like SlickGrid has been inactive for a while. Are there any thoughts or plans to replace that with something else?

Thanks in advance for the help.

John Muller

···

On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-4, John Muller wrote:

I am experimenting by building a simple gui for exploring directories.
Given a current path I have a table that shows the directories in that path and another that shows the files.

I navigate by selecting directories and updating both the tables.

It all works fine unless I want to select the same index from the directories table, even though the value at that index is different.

Nothing happens if I selected index 0, then try to select index 0 again.

I have tries setting the “selected” to the empty list using something like

dirs_source.selected = {‘0d’: {‘glyph’: None, ‘indices’: },

'1d': {'indices': []}, '2d': {}}

but still I cannot select the same index from the table 2X in a row.

I am using the latest version, 12.9 and running on Windows, but I assume it is portable to Linux.
Any suggestions?
Note that I am setting selected on the underlying source, do I need to do something with the table widget itself?

Is there some behavioral difference between setting the selected attribute in Python vs. Javascript.
I prefer to stay all in Python if possible.

Thanks greatly,
- John Muller