Scrollable Legend View

Hi,

I’m trying to implement an interactive graph with more than 40 lines, each line represents a different function.

The problem is that the legend view isn’t large enough to contain all legends, is there a way to scroll over all the legends in the legend view? if so how?

Attached is a screenshot of the graph I’m getting.

Best Regards,

Rony

Hi,

No such capability exists at present. Unfortunately it would be somewhat involved to implement this, as the legend is drawn manually on the raster HTML canvas. It is not a DOM element at all, so there is no machinery of the browser that could automatically be relied on. Various options:

* Creating a legend of your own outside the plot using DOM elements
* Creating a Bokeh Custom extension to make a DOM based legend
* Creating a Bokeh extension to make a scrollable canvas-based legend

You could make a GitHub issue to suggest this, but I don't think there would be resources to devote to it any time soon. However there is also an already existing issue to make rows be able to have an (nrows, ncols) layout. That might also solve you issue and I think has a much higher chance of being looked at relatively soon:

ncol and nrow in Legend object · Issue #3880 · bokeh/bokeh · GitHub

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Mar 25, 2019, at 4:52 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to implement an interactive graph with more than 40 lines, each line represents a different function.
The problem is that the legend view isn't large enough to contain all legends, is there a way to scroll over all the legends in the legend view? if so how?

Attached is a screenshot of the graph I'm getting.

Best Regards,
Rony

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/037ef2f5-1c9c-4028-af8a-cfc7c266a6bf%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.
<bokeh_plot.png>