Seeking User Feedback and Case Studies

Hi All,

As we look towards 2018, we look to broaden the base of support for Bokeh. This includes attracting new users and developers, as well as exploring new and additional funding avenues. Compiling examples of real-world usage is an important part of these goals. With that in mind, please take a few minutes to take part in the first Bokeh User Survey:

https://goo.gl/xbb6uv

Additionally, if you are able to provide more in-depth detail about some of your Bokeh creations than is asked in the survey, please consider contributing a brief case study. We hear tidbits about applications and usage on twitter and this mailing list, but I'd like to go about collecting and recording case studies in a more methodical and comprehensive way. As we are nearing 400k conda+pip downloads a month, I am sure there must be alot going on! We are especially interested in hearing about uses of Bokeh Server Applications, but any and all contributions are helpful.

In the best case, we would love to get descriptions, screenshots, testimonials, and links to things that can be publicly shared. Please feel free to respond here or in an email to me with details.

We also recognize that many uses are internal or proprietary and cannot be shared publicly. However general/anonymous descriptions, scrubbed screencaps, etc. would also be valuable. So in case it is possible to share such things, please also reach out.

I'll plan to collect everything in a Google Document, and at some point, integrating anything that can be shared publicly as part of the Bokeh documentation. There are many valuable ways to help and contribute to an OSS project. If you've been looking for a way to give back to Bokeh, please take a moment to let us know what you've been doing!

Thanks,

Bryan

Hi All,

Not sure what the issue is, but this "Sent" link seems to be a better one to get to the Survey:

https://goo.gl/forms/SY3kAUUZnoRffo0d2

Apologies for the mixup,

Bryan

···

On Dec 21, 2017, at 09:13, Bryan Van de ven <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi All,

As we look towards 2018, we look to broaden the base of support for Bokeh. This includes attracting new users and developers, as well as exploring new and additional funding avenues. Compiling examples of real-world usage is an important part of these goals. With that in mind, please take a few minutes to take part in the first Bokeh User Survey:

Additionally, if you are able to provide more in-depth detail about some of your Bokeh creations than is asked in the survey, please consider contributing a brief case study. We hear tidbits about applications and usage on twitter and this mailing list, but I'd like to go about collecting and recording case studies in a more methodical and comprehensive way. As we are nearing 400k conda+pip downloads a month, I am sure there must be alot going on! We are especially interested in hearing about uses of Bokeh Server Applications, but any and all contributions are helpful.

In the best case, we would love to get descriptions, screenshots, testimonials, and links to things that can be publicly shared. Please feel free to respond here or in an email to me with details.

We also recognize that many uses are internal or proprietary and cannot be shared publicly. However general/anonymous descriptions, scrubbed screencaps, etc. would also be valuable. So in case it is possible to share such things, please also reach out.

I'll plan to collect everything in a Google Document, and at some point, integrating anything that can be shared publicly as part of the Bokeh documentation. There are many valuable ways to help and contribute to an OSS project. If you've been looking for a way to give back to Bokeh, please take a moment to let us know what you've been doing!

Thanks,

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

I’ve just completed the survey and would be happy to contribute a case study if that would be useful, but that would have to wait until next week, hope that’s OK.

Marcus.

···

On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 3:14:00 PM UTC, Bryan Van de ven wrote:

Hi All,

[https://goo.gl/xbb6uv](https://goo.gl/xbb6uv)

Additionally, if you are able to provide more in-depth detail about some of your Bokeh creations than is asked in the survey, please consider contributing a brief case study. We hear tidbits about applications and usage on twitter and this mailing list, but I’d like to go about collecting and recording case studies in a more methodical and comprehensive way. As we are nearing 400k conda+pip downloads a month, I am sure there must be alot going on! We are especially interested in hearing about uses of Bokeh Server Applications, but any and all contributions are helpful.

I’ll plan to collect everything in a Google Document, and at some point, integrating anything that can be shared publicly as part of the Bokeh documentation. There are many valuable ways to help and contribute to an OSS project. If you’ve been looking for a way to give back to Bokeh, please take a moment to let us know what you’ve been doing!

Thanks,

Bryan

Marcus,

Absolutely, just email me directly after New Years whenever you have some time, look forward to hearing about your use case!

Bryan

···

On Dec 28, 2017, at 05:50, Marcus Donnelly <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Bryan,

I've just completed the survey and would be happy to contribute a case study if that would be useful, but that would have to wait until next week, hope that's OK.

Marcus.

On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 3:14:00 PM UTC, Bryan Van de ven wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks,

Bryan

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/ec461956-8321-4ee3-8ba5-79edf221fce4%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.