Simplest Angular and Bokeh Combination

Hi all,

I am really excited about the 0.7 release, and am hoping that people in this list can help me with the following example that I think would be useful for others in the future.

Consider the following simple angular code in a file index.html:

<html>

<body>
<div class='container-fluid' ng-controller="TypeaheadCtrl">
<input type="text"
 ng-model="selected" typeahead="name for name in names | filter:{name: $viewValue} | limitTo:8"
 typeahead-on-select='onSelect($item, $model, $label)'
 class="form-control">

You made the selection {{selection_made}}.
Below is the resulting chart:
<!-- Bokeh widget that uses {{selection_made}} as an input -->
</div>
<body>
</html>
The code above is a simple autocomplete form, where {{selection_made}} is the selection the user makes from a pre-defined list (generated elsewhere).
I want to pass the value {{selection_made}} to a script run by the bokeh server that generates a plot that is displayed right underneath of the autocomplete box. 
To simplify things, the server would use {{selection_made}} as the title of a simple sin(x) plot.
Is this doable with Bokeh? If so, how would you go around it?
Thanks!
Josh

Hi Josh,

I’m not sure I understand completely what you need. So please let me know if I’m misunderstanding somehow…

Have you seen the sliders app example? https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh/tree/master/examples/app/sliders_applet From what I understand you want send a PUT request to the bokeh-server to update the plot title (just like in the example), right?

If so, you should find what you need at the bokeh-server REST API documentation http://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/docs/reference/rest_api.html

Cheers

Fabio

···

On Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 11:32:38 PM UTC+1, Josh Wasserstein wrote:

Hi all,

I am really excited about the 0.7 release, and am hoping that people in this list can help me with the following example that I think would be useful for others in the future.

Consider the following simple angular code in a file index.html:

<html>

<body>
<div class='container-fluid' ng-controller="TypeaheadCtrl">
<input type="text"
 ng-model="selected" typeahead="name for name in names | filter:{name: $viewValue} | limitTo:8"
 typeahead-on-select='onSelect($item, $model, $label)'
 class="form-control">

You made the selection {{selection_made}}.
Below is the resulting chart:
<!-- Bokeh widget that uses {{selection_made}} as an input -->
</div>
<body>
</html>
The code above is a simple autocomplete form, where {{selection_made}} is the selection the user makes from a pre-defined list (generated elsewhere).
I want to pass the value {{selection_made}} to a script run by the bokeh server that generates a plot that is displayed right underneath of the autocomplete box. 
To simplify things, the server would use {{selection_made}} as the title of a simple sin(x) plot.
Is this doable with Bokeh? If so, how would you go around it?
Thanks!
Josh