Slider not updating multi line plot!

numlines=len(df.columns)
col = list(df.columns)
ind = list(df.index)
source = ColumnDataSource(df)
all_colors = [k for k,v in pltc.cnames.items()]
colors = all_colors[:numlines]

legend_it = []
p = figure(width=1250, height=1100, x_axis_type="datetime", title="Monthly Data Usage", title_location='above')
p.xaxis.axis_label = 'Date Range'
p.yaxis.axis_label = 'Data Used'

for (cl, color) in zip(col, colors):
    c = p.line(x='deviceDUDay', y=cl, line_width=2, alpha=0.8, source=source, color = color )
    legend_it.append((cl, [c]))
    p.add_tools(HoverTool(
            renderers=[c],
            tooltips=[('datetime','@deviceDUDay{%Y-%m-%d}'),(cl, f'@{cl}')],
            formatters={'deviceDUDay': 'datetime'}))
print(source.data.keys())

legend = Legend(items=legend_it, location=(300, 0), spacing = 5)
p.add_layout(legend, 'right')

p.legend.label_text_font_size = '10px'
p.legend.location='center'
p.legend.click_policy="hide"

slider = Slider(start=0, end=10000, step=100, value=200)

def callback(attr, old, new):
    value = slider.value
    new_data = df.loc[:, (df.sum() >= value)]
    source.data = new_data

slider.on_change('value', callback)

layout = column(widgetbox(slider), p)
curdoc().add_root(layout)

The multiline plotting works.
I want to add slider, based on the slider value, it would show the number of line plots accordingly. But when i add the slider functionality, the plot doesn’t change.

Also I am running it using bokeh serve, since its a python callback.

I feel the source data doesn’t get updated which plotting lines in a loop.
I’ve tried printing out the source data from callback function, it displays the proper truncated data frame according to the slider value properly, i.e., if I hover over the plots, the hovertips shows value of line plots based on slider which is nice, But the plots which does not satisfy slider value are not hiding. Am I missing something?

Please help!
Thank you!

@Akshay_Bung please first edit your post to use code-formatting for the code block. Use the GUI </> button, or triple backtick ``` fences around then code.

Hello Bryan! Sorry about that. Just updated the code. Thank You!

Your code produces JS console errors. You cannot remove a column from a data source that’s being used by something.
In your case, the simplest thing is to not change the data but rather to change the visible property of each particular renderer.

Thank You! Will try doing that

i am still not being able to make it work! Should i update the visible property in callback function? Also should I change the logic from looping over and making individual line glyph to making use of multi_line glyph?
Thank you!

Should i update the visible property in callback function?

Exactly.

should I change the logic from looping over and making individual line glyph to making use of multi_line glyph?

It depends on various factors. For example, if you decide to use multi_line, you won’t be able to hide individual lines with just visible.