source changes not propagated to all glyph renderers

Hello,

first, sorry because I cannot really provide an example, because it happens in a quite complex framework.

Looking for an elegant workaround (an ugly one is implemented, see below) :

Setup: A figure has a glyph (segment), linked to a columndatasource

More glyphs are removed/added on a figure on a change of the source data. With this, no problem.

But the original figure segment glyph often does not respond to this data change.

Workaround now :

Explicitly set the glyph property “y0” to a value and then set it back to the dictionary key

If workaround I need, as it seems for now, is there a way to force a trigger (from python side) on the glyph so it reactualizes to the dictionary values ?

Hi,

I don’t think it’s possible to give a good answer in this situation without having at least some code. If you cannot provide an example for a 3-line description of your setup, how can anybody imagine what’s going on there?

You don’t need to send all the code that you have - quite the contrary, it’s much better if you create the smallest reproducible example possible.

Regards,

Eugene

···

On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 10:25:45 PM UTC+7, chupach wrote:

Hello,

first, sorry because I cannot really provide an example, because it happens in a quite complex framework.

Looking for an elegant workaround (an ugly one is implemented, see below) :

Setup: A figure has a glyph (segment), linked to a columndatasource

More glyphs are removed/added on a figure on a change of the source data. With this, no problem.

But the original figure segment glyph often does not respond to this data change.

Workaround now :

Explicitly set the glyph property “y0” to a value and then set it back to the dictionary key

If workaround I need, as it seems for now, is there a way to force a trigger (from python side) on the glyph so it reactualizes to the dictionary values ?