Tab layout with multiple panels - cannot get plot to be full screen

posted a question on stackoverflow: python - Cannot get full screen plots with Bokeh tabs / panels - Stack Overflow

I’d like to have the plots within each panel to be able to behave like ‘normal’ figures and layout and be able to take on attributes like sizing_mode=stretch_both etc… Basically, I’d like each plot within each tab to fill up my whole window. However,

when I tried to do that using Bokeh’s toy panel example (Adding widgets — Bokeh 2.4.2 Documentation) I couldn’t get it to work and it just stayed the same size as the example which is much smaller than the full browser window. Does anyone have guidance on how to change this?

Thanks

Here is a code example to exhibit my problem:

`

See below code (self-contained). As you can see in the image the tab labels are not extending outwards in one row but rather creating another row of labels when really I want all the panel labels to be on the same horizontal plane to conserve vertical space.

If you run this code you can see that the figures within each panel do not extend to the full window size. I can manipulate the width manually, but I really want it to be responsive but when I try any ‘responsive’ arguments for parameter sizing_mode in the figure it does not work. What am I missing?

`

from bokeh.models.widgets import Panel, Tabs, TextInput
from [bokeh.io](http://bokeh.io/) import output_file, show
from bokeh.plotting import figure
from bokeh.layouts import column, row

output_file("slider.html")

textInput = TextInput(value="Text Input", title='Input')

p1 = figure()
p1.circle([1, 2, 3, 4, 5], [6, 7, 2, 4, 5], size=20, color="navy", alpha=0.5)
tab1 = Panel(child=p1, title="circle")

p2 = figure()
p2.line([1, 2, 3, 4, 5], [6, 7, 2, 4, 5], line_width=3, color="navy", alpha=0.5)
tab2 = Panel(child=p2, title="line")

p3 = figure()
p3.circle([1, 2, 3, 4, 5], [6, 7, 2, 4, 5], size=20, color="navy", alpha=0.5)
tab3 = Panel(child=p3, title="circle")

p4 = figure()
p4.line([1, 2, 3, 4, 5], [6, 7, 2, 4, 5], line_width=3, color="navy", alpha=0.5)
tab4 = Panel(child=p4, title="line")

p5 = figure()
p5.circle([1, 2, 3, 4, 5], [6, 7, 2, 4, 5], size=20, color="navy", alpha=0.5)
tab5 = Panel(child=p5, title="circle")

p6 = figure()
p6.line([1, 2, 3, 4, 5], [6, 7, 2, 4, 5], line_width=3, color="navy", alpha=0.5)
tab6 = Panel(child=p6, title="line")

tabs = Tabs(tabs=[ tab1, tab2 , tab3, tab4, tab5, tab6], sizing_mode='stretch_both')
layout = column(row(textInput), tabs)

show(layout)
`

···

On Monday, November 20, 2017 at 1:03:25 PM UTC-8, Harrison wrote:

posted a question on stackoverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47340982/cannot-get-full-screen-plots-with-bokeh-tabs-panels

I’d like to have the plots within each panel to be able to behave like ‘normal’ figures and layout and be able to take on attributes like sizing_mode=stretch_both etc… Basically, I’d like each plot within each tab to fill up my whole window. However,

when I tried to do that using Bokeh’s toy panel example (https://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/docs/user_guide/interaction/widgets.html#tab-panes) I couldn’t get it to work and it just stayed the same size as the example which is much smaller than the full browser window. Does anyone have guidance on how to change this?

Thanks