Trigger selection across different data sources

I have a case where I show a full set of records on a plot, and then list a subset of those records, with additional details, in a datatable. I want users to be able to select a row of the datatable, and have the corresponding data point show as selected in the plot. I think this would be unproblematic if the plot and the datatable shared the same data source, but because the datatable necessarily shows fewer results than the plot, that approach doesn’t seem possible.

Can anyone suggest a way to implement this? The two datasources have a common column, so I grab the selected record from one and look up the corresponding record in the other. I’m using Bokeh 0.11 with the Bokeh server. I tried explicitly setting the selected property in a python callback, but nothing happened. Am I missing a step? Does this need to be done with a CustomJS callback instead?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Schaun

Any ideas/guidance on this?

···

On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 1:34:08 PM UTC-5, [email protected] wrote:

I have a case where I show a full set of records on a plot, and then list a subset of those records, with additional details, in a datatable. I want users to be able to select a row of the datatable, and have the corresponding data point show as selected in the plot. I think this would be unproblematic if the plot and the datatable shared the same data source, but because the datatable necessarily shows fewer results than the plot, that approach doesn’t seem possible.

Can anyone suggest a way to implement this? The two datasources have a common column, so I grab the selected record from one and look up the corresponding record in the other. I’m using Bokeh 0.11 with the Bokeh server. I tried explicitly setting the selected property in a python callback, but nothing happened. Am I missing a step? Does this need to be done with a CustomJS callback instead?

Schaun

I could interpret some of the description a few different ways. It's always easier and more unambiguous to discuss actual code, if you can share a minimal example.

Bryan

···

On Jan 23, 2016, at 6:50 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Any ideas/guidance on this?

On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 1:34:08 PM UTC-5, [email protected] wrote:
I have a case where I show a full set of records on a plot, and then list a subset of those records, with additional details, in a datatable. I want users to be able to select a row of the datatable, and have the corresponding data point show as selected in the plot. I think this would be unproblematic if the plot and the datatable shared the same data source, but because the datatable necessarily shows fewer results than the plot, that approach doesn't seem possible.

Can anyone suggest a way to implement this? The two datasources have a common column, so I grab the selected record from one and look up the corresponding record in the other. I'm using Bokeh 0.11 with the Bokeh server. I tried explicitly setting the `selected` property in a python callback, but nothing happened. Am I missing a step? Does this need to be done with a CustomJS callback instead?

Schaun

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/edd3bf1d-330c-434c-b36b-1332ceb16c0b%40continuum.io.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.