Unable to run abstract rendering examples

Hello,

I have a fairly large dataset that i wish to use for some exploratory data analysis. After painfully discovering the limitations of SVG in the browser for such a task i came across Bokeh and tried out some of the examples (vectors, stocks, line_animate) in the server folder from the repo.

However, the abstract rendering examples that i am primarily interested currently fails with the following error messages:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “census.py”, line 22, in

ar.heatmap(arplot, palette=“Reds9”, reserve_val=0, points=True, client_color=True, title=“Census Tracts (Client Colors)”)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/transforms/ar_downsample.py”, line 853, in heatmap

**kwargs)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/transforms/ar_downsample.py”, line 459, in replot

new_plot.image(source=src, **plot_opts)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/_glyph_functions.py”, line 37, in func

glyph = _make_glyph(glyphclass, kwargs, glyph_ca)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/plotting_helpers.py”, line 140, in _make_glyph

return glyphclass(**kws)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/models/glyphs.py”, line 299, in init

super(Image, self).init(**kwargs)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/plot_object.py”, line 90, in init

super(PlotObject, self).init(**kwargs)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/properties.py”, line 357, in init

setattr(self, name, value)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/properties.py”, line 371, in setattr

(name, self.class.name, text, nice_join(matches)))

AttributeError: unexpected attribute ‘x_range’ to Image, possible attributes are color_mapper, dh, dh_units, dilate, dw, dw_units, image, name, session, tags, visible, x or y

···

===

File “abstractrender.py”, line 20, in

arplot = ar.heatmap(plot, spread=3, transform=None, title=“Server-rendered, uncorrected”)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/transforms/ar_downsample.py”, line 853, in heatmap

**kwargs)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/transforms/ar_downsample.py”, line 461, in replot

new_plot.image_rgba(source=src, **plot_opts)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/_glyph_functions.py”, line 37, in func

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/plotting_helpers.py”, line 140, in _make_glyph

return glyphclass(**kws)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/plot_object.py”, line 90, in init

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/properties.py”, line 357, in init

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/properties.py”, line 371, in setattr

AttributeError: unexpected attribute ‘x_range’ to ImageRGBA, possible attributes are cols, dh, dh_units, dilate, dw, dw_units, image, name, rows, session, tags, visible, x or y

I couldn’t found any similar issue on the list. Since the other examples seem to run fine i am not sure what i missed. Have i botched up the setup in some way?

-Vaibhav

Hi,

Looking at the git commit history i see that the non-working abstract rendering examples were removed in the 0.9.2 release

https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh/commit/8f7baf90441074853ff00d8be697e7aac2b127d1

The abstract rendering project @ https://github.com/ContinuumIO/abstract_rendering doesn’t seem to have an equivalent example.

Is there some other repo that has a working version of the examples or is the abstract rendering feature no longer supported?

···

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 11:37 PM, Vaibhav [email protected] wrote:

Hello,

I have a fairly large dataset that i wish to use for some exploratory data analysis. After painfully discovering the limitations of SVG in the browser for such a task i came across Bokeh and tried out some of the examples (vectors, stocks, line_animate) in the server folder from the repo.

However, the abstract rendering examples that i am primarily interested currently fails with the following error messages:

ar.heatmap(arplot, palette=“Reds9”, reserve_val=0, points=True, client_color=True, title=“Census Tracts (Client Colors)”)

**kwargs)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/transforms/ar_downsample.py”, line 459, in replot

return glyphclass(**kws)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/models/glyphs.py”, line 299, in init

super(Image, self).init(**kwargs)

AttributeError: unexpected attribute ‘x_range’ to Image, possible attributes are color_mapper, dh, dh_units, dilate, dw, dw_units, image, name, session, tags, visible, x or y

===

arplot = ar.heatmap(plot, spread=3, transform=None, title=“Server-rendered, uncorrected”)

**kwargs)

File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/transforms/ar_downsample.py”, line 461, in replot

return glyphclass(**kws)

AttributeError: unexpected attribute ‘x_range’ to ImageRGBA, possible attributes are cols, dh, dh_units, dilate, dw, dw_units, image, name, rows, session, tags, visible, x or y

I couldn’t found any similar issue on the list. Since the other examples seem to run fine i am not sure what i missed. Have i botched up the setup in some way?

-Vaibhav

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/90a87bb1-5dd6-4468-b493-45dc7b4875fb%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Hi Vaibhav,

The AR portion of Bokeh has always been on a somewhat different development cadence, and right now there is not anyone to maintain the existing code. Having AR directly inside Bokeh really ended up complicating both efforts. We are currently in the process of making the Bokeh server and model system extensible, so that projects like AR can use Bokeh as a platform, but also be independently maintained and developed at their own pace. There are individuals planning to work on AR ideas once the architectural refactor is done. So, the best I can tell you is to stay tuned, we will have more to say about these topics in upcoming releases.

Bryan

···

On Jul 25, 2015, at 11:45 AM, Vaibhav Bedia <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

Looking at the git commit history i see that the non-working abstract rendering examples were removed in the 0.9.2 release

Remove non-working AR examples. Also add release notes. · bokeh/bokeh@8f7baf9 · GitHub

The abstract rendering project @ https://github.com/ContinuumIO/abstract_rendering doesn't seem to have an equivalent example.

Is there some other repo that has a working version of the examples or is the abstract rendering feature no longer supported?

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 11:37 PM, Vaibhav <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

File "census.py", line 22, in <module>
    ar.heatmap(arplot, palette="Reds9", reserve_val=0, points=True, client_color=True, title="Census Tracts (Client Colors)")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/transforms/ar_downsample.py", line 853, in heatmap
    **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/transforms/ar_downsample.py", line 459, in replot
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/_glyph_functions.py", line 37, in func
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/plotting_helpers.py", line 140, in _make_glyph
    return glyphclass(**kws)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/models/glyphs.py", line 299, in __init__
    super(Image, self).__init__(**kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/plot_object.py", line 90, in __init__
    super(PlotObject, self).__init__(**kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/properties.py", line 357, in __init__
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/properties.py", line 371, in __setattr__
    (name, self.__class__.__name__, text, nice_join(matches)))
AttributeError: unexpected attribute 'x_range' to Image, possible attributes are color_mapper, dh, dh_units, dilate, dw, dw_units, image, name, session, tags, visible, x or y

===

File "abstractrender.py", line 20, in <module>
    arplot = ar.heatmap(plot, spread=3, transform=None, title="Server-rendered, uncorrected")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/transforms/ar_downsample.py", line 853, in heatmap
    **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/transforms/ar_downsample.py", line 461, in replot
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/_glyph_functions.py", line 37, in func
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/plotting_helpers.py", line 140, in _make_glyph
    return glyphclass(**kws)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/plot_object.py", line 90, in __init__
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/properties.py", line 357, in __init__
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bokeh/properties.py", line 371, in __setattr__
AttributeError: unexpected attribute 'x_range' to ImageRGBA, possible attributes are cols, dh, dh_units, dilate, dw, dw_units, image, name, rows, session, tags, visible, x or y

I couldn't found any similar issue on the list. Since the other examples seem to run fine i am not sure what i missed. Have i botched up the setup in some way?

-Vaibhav

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/90a87bb1-5dd6-4468-b493-45dc7b4875fb%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/CANacCWx87Ovjea-VuKfrC-UDZzQhykfP37LFbXmq0JZ236LYZA%40mail.gmail.com\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the update. I look forward to any future announcements on this.

-Vaibhav

···

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Bryan Van de Ven [email protected] wrote:

Hi Vaibhav,

The AR portion of Bokeh has always been on a somewhat different development cadence, and right now there is not anyone to maintain the existing code. Having AR directly inside Bokeh really ended up complicating both efforts. We are currently in the process of making the Bokeh server and model system extensible, so that projects like AR can use Bokeh as a platform, but also be independently maintained and developed at their own pace. There are individuals planning to work on AR ideas once the architectural refactor is done. So, the best I can tell you is to stay tuned, we will have more to say about these topics in upcoming releases.

Bryan

On Jul 25, 2015, at 11:45 AM, Vaibhav Bedia [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

The abstract rendering project @ https://github.com/ContinuumIO/abstract_rendering doesn’t seem to have an equivalent example.

Hello,

ar.heatmap(arplot, palette="Reds9", reserve_val=0, points=True, client_color=True, title="Census Tracts (Client Colors)")

**kwargs)

return glyphclass(**kws)

===

arplot = ar.heatmap(plot, spread=3, transform=None, title="Server-rendered, uncorrected")

**kwargs)

return glyphclass(**kws)

-Vaibhav

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/90a87bb1-5dd6-4468-b493-45dc7b4875fb%40continuum.io.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/CANacCWx87Ovjea-VuKfrC-UDZzQhykfP37LFbXmq0JZ236LYZA%40mail.gmail.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/41395626-4FD9-4EAD-865A-B4EF050806C3%40continuum.io.

Just a question on this, and forgive my ignorance here, but what exactly falls under the AR banner? Does it include all the downsampling code? Are there separate current examples for how the server datasources work, if we want to implement our own downsampling capabilities, or do we have to do this using events that get executed in the client python runtime?

Cheers,

Chris.

···

On Monday, 27 July 2015 14:13:08 UTC+10, Vaibhav wrote:

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the update. I look forward to any future announcements on this.

-Vaibhav

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Bryan Van de Ven [email protected] wrote:

Hi Vaibhav,

Bryan

On Jul 25, 2015, at 11:45 AM, Vaibhav Bedia [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

Hello,

**kwargs)

return glyphclass(**kws)

===

**kwargs)

return glyphclass(**kws)

-Vaibhav

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/CANacCWx87Ovjea-VuKfrC-UDZzQhykfP37LFbXmq0JZ236LYZA%40mail.gmail.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/41395626-4FD9-4EAD-865A-B4EF050806C3%40continuum.io.