Using DatetimeTickFormatter

Hello,

I’m kind of clueless how to use the DatetimeTickFormatter.
So far I have a Dataframe with a column of integers which should represent seconds.
When I set the xaxis type to ‘datetime’ I get milliseconds [ms].

Is there an option to show seconds [s] instead of milliseconds [ms]? Furthermore my most prefered option would be to convert the seconds to a min:sec format. Is this possible?

Best regards,
Charlotte

Do you have a sample of the date/secondss. It will depend on the object and format you have are using. If you are using a list of datetime objects, they will need to have an actual date corresponding to it and seconds specified in the object. The Datetimetickformatter can adjust the format the dates. If you supply a reproducible example, it would be easier to help you. tThe x_axis_type refers to datetime objects.

···

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 10:03:01 AM UTC-5, C wrote:

Hello,

So far I have a Dataframe with a column of integers which should represent seconds.

Is there an option to show seconds [s] instead of milliseconds [ms]? Furthermore my most prefered option would be to convert the seconds to a min:sec format. Is this possible?

Best regards,
Charlotte

Hey,

so I finally got the document which I have to work with. It contains strings which represent milliseconds. I converteted them into a min:sec format.
This is the code I have so far. When I try to run it it gives me the following error:

AttributeError: unexpected attribute 'y_axis_type' to Chart, similar attributes are y_mapper_type

source =

Phase Unit Time 0 0.0 5 0:36 1 0.5 5 1:7 2 1.0 5 0:44 3 1.5 5 1:16 4 2.0 5 0:45 0 0.0 6 0:36 1 0.5 6 1:7 2 1.0 6 0:44 3 1.5 6 1:16 4 2.0 6 0:45

bar = Bar(source,
values=‘Time’,
label = ‘Unit’,
stack=‘Phase’,
color=color(columns=‘Phase’, palette=[‘#084594’,‘#c6dbef’],
sort=False),
legend=None,
y_axis_type=‘datetime’
)

bar.yaxis.formatter = DatetimeTickFormatter(formats=dict(minsec=[‘:%M:%S’]))

show(bar)

···

2017-02-28 17:33 GMT+01:00 RiskiBizniz [email protected]:

Do you have a sample of the date/secondss. It will depend on the object and format you have are using. If you are using a list of datetime objects, they will need to have an actual date corresponding to it and seconds specified in the object. The Datetimetickformatter can adjust the format the dates. If you supply a reproducible example, it would be easier to help you. tThe x_axis_type refers to datetime objects.

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 10:03:01 AM UTC-5, C wrote:

Hello,

Best regards,
Charlotte

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/topic/bokeh/Bh-utcimbf8/unsubscribe.

To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/a4ae6715-b675-404d-a828-5686b0c6fc67%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.