XLSX Export Example

Hello,

I am trying to export my interactive bokeh data table to an xlsx excel table. I am able to replicate the csv export example on github https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh/tree/main/examples/server/app/export_csv with my data. However, I want to export my data as an xlsx format and not csv. I am not very familiar with Java Script so I do not know what I need to change in the download.js file so that when pressing the export buttom the data gets exported as xlsx format.

Thank you for your help!

In order to be able to do that, there would need to be JavaScript libraries that are capable of reading/writing .xsl files. Apparently that is the case, a Google search turns up a few results:

However, I am not personally familiar with either of these, so I can’t speak to how well they work, or if they work at all. I can only provide very general guidance, which is that you’d want to use your own page template to embed both the Bokeh content, and one of those libraries in, and then you could use the library APIs in BokehJS callbacks.

cc @mateusz in case he has more detailed thoughts or advice.

1 Like

Thank you Bryan!

Gotcha–my mistake. Removing the bad info.

@spoolio the question is clearly about exporting to CSV directly from the visualization in the web page which means using JavaScript.